Your name is a confession
Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee (Genesis 17:5).
All over the world, people bear names that represent different things, some names represent personalities, landmarks or events, and they’re handed down from one generation to another. Many times, Christians have found themselves bearing names that contradict what they believe. Those names were handed to them by their forbears, and not many ever bothered to find out the meaning of those names to be sure they’re consistent with who we are today in Christ Jesus.
It’s no use answering the name that contradict what you believe about the Gospel and who you are in Christ Jesus, for it can work against you. The name you answer is a major confession in your life. As you answer that name you’re continually confessing the meaning of that name. if you study the Bible, you’ll notice how God changed the names of several people. Before their names were changed, they lived the life of the name they bore. When God changed their names, their destinies also changed.
Abraham, for example, which means father of many, used to be called Abram, meaning “exalted or assumed father” (Genesis 17:5). He and his wife were without a child until their names changed to Abraham and Sarah. Isaac’s son Jacob is another example. His name meant “one that takes by heel; deceiver”. In today’s rendition, that would mean, “swindler, fast guy, or scammer.” Of course, he grew up to answer his name; he deceived his father, cheated his brother, and remained a cheat until God met him and changed his name (Genesis 32:27-28).
To answer a name means that you agree to, confess and endorse the meaning and import of that name in your life. That’s why you ought to answer only names that are consistent with God’s purpose for you; names that glorify God’s Word and are consistent with your identity and position as a new creation in Christ Jesus.
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me a new name according to your divine plan for me. I’m a success, a victor, and more than a conqueror; I’m not just the effulgence of the glory of God, my name is “The Glory of God!” prosperity, divine health, joy and peace are mine, in Jesus Christ Name, Amen!
May Our God The Almighty prosper Nigeria and Israel and defend us from all our enemies in Jesus Christ Name, Amen!
- Do You Believe in Christ Jesus? (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Leper and Our Lord And Saviour Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- A Prayer (todaysanewday.wordpress.com)
- Love Is Authentic 1John 4:1‑6 (stevemidkiff.wordpress.com)
- We Preach Christ, Not Ourselves (justificationbygrace.com)
- Your Name is a confession (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Points For April 2012 RCCG Special Children’s Holy Ghost Service “Raising Stars” (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Christ: Guilty (seashoremary.wordpress.com)
- Photography (naturalbreeze30.wordpress.com)
- RaNdOm (naturalbreeze30.wordpress.com)
- The COnfessions of your mouth (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Poetry (naturalbreeze30.wordpress.com)
- G.O.S.P.E.L.- “Propaganda” (naturalbreeze30.wordpress.com)
- 31 to be Exact- “Janette…ikz “ (naturalbreeze30.wordpress.com)
- for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. (richardangulo.wordpress.com)