Holy, Holy, Holy; Lord God Almighty. Early in the morning my song shall rise to thee.
Holy, Holy, Holy; merciful and mighty. God in three persons, blessed Trinity!
A Vessel Fit For The Master’s Use.
TEXT : 2 Timothy 2:20-21 KJV — But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work.
The dictionary meaning of a vessel can be a person or a receiver of a non material thing, such as God’s grace or wrath.
According to Rev. 4:11; God created all things to give Him pleasure. ‘All things’ can be put in a broad category of honourable or dishonorable. Since He created all vessels, He uses them to achieve purpose; just as He used Pharaoh as a vessel of dishonour in Exodus 7:3-4. On the other hand, a vessel unto honour and fit for the Master’s use is clean and sanctified or set apart. Therefore, a vessel of gold with unclean interior can be likened to a whited sepulchre as in Matthew 23:27.
In last Friday’s [March 12] Open Heaven titled “Examine Yourself“; daddy GO encouraged us to continually check our salvation. Are you and me still vessels, fit for the Master’s use? I pray that our response will be likened to that of Joshua in Joshua 24:15.
TIPS ON SELF EVALUATION :
Apostle Paul said in 2 Corinthians 13:5 that we should do a self examination and prove self; whether we are still in the faith. As a guide see below:
1. Are you still excited about your salvation? What Apostle Paul said in 2 Timothy 4:7-8 is remarkable. He was confident that he had fought a good fight and finished his race successfully. Therefore, a crown of righteousness awaits him. Can you and me lay same claim? If not, we can make amends straightaway!
2. Deactivate the works of the flesh by activating the fruit of the spirit. Please read Galatians 5:19-23. Verses 19-21 represents the works of the flesh, while 22-23 is the fruit of the spirit. Galatians 5:25 says, if we live in the spirit, let us also walk in the spirit.
3. Set your heart on the things of God. David said his soul panteth after God in Psalm 42:1. This means that he derived much joy on things relating to God.
4. Stay sanctified. David was already sanctified when it was time to choose king Saul’s successor. That was why he was selected in preference to his siblings, even when Jesse his father initially sidelined him. See 1 Samuel 16:12.
5. Live a purpose driven life in serving God; and not a pretentious one. Daniel exhibited this in Daniel 6:10. He had a definite time and method of calling on his Maker and nothing was going to stop him. He would not allow his purpose of serving God as he did aforetime, to be truncated by vessels unto dishonour. His purpose was strengthened by faith in God.
6. Fellowship with God always; especially spontaneously as you are led by the Holy Spirit [Romans 8:14]. Combine it with prayers, fasting and of course studying and meditating on the Word of God in season and out of season [2 Timothy 4:2].
A. Father, please empower me to serve you as a vessel unto honour.
B. Father, my times and seasons are in your hand. Guide me to use both, wisely.
C. Father, I rounded up the 63-day fasting and prayers yesterday. Please turn all my prayer points to testimonies.
D. Father, this week; have your way in all that concerns me and my loved ones.