Remove The Accursed Thing.
Text: Joshua 7:13:
“…thus, saith the Lord God of Israel, there is an accursed thing in the midst of thee, O Israel: thou canst not stand before thine enemies, until ye take away the accursed thing from among you.”
The children of Israel had won incredible victories by obeying God’s instructions. But on this occasion, they suffered very humiliating defeat from a relatively small enemy, because God left them. God left them because of the sin of one man, who disobeyed God by taking and hiding in his tent, the things that God had instructed them to destroy in their previous battle. As believers, we lose battles we ought to win, when we disobey God. Until we show serious repentance, not just by praying for forgiveness, but by removing or destroying the accursed thing in our hands, we may not return to the path of victory.
WHAT IS AN ACCURSED THING?
Sin. Sin means simply, to disobey God’s instruction or do what He forbids. 1 John 3:4. Whenever we break God’s law or disobey His instructions, we commit sin and bring an accursed thing into our camp.
1). Ill-gotten wealth is an accursed thing, rather than a blessing to a family.
2). Diabolically obtained position or fame, is an accursed thing rather than a blessing.
3). Adultery and fornication are accursed things in God’s sight.
As we enter into a new week, let us look out for anything that God does not approve and which may hinder our blessings, and make the necessary effort to get rid of it.
1. Father, if there’s any accursed thing that I am still holding on to, please have mercy on me in Jesus name. Amen.
2. Father, open my eyes to locate every accursed thing in my camp and help me to get rid of them, in Jesus name. Amen.
3. Father, in this Month of Grace, help me not to be attracted to any accursed thing, in Jesus name. Amen.
4. Father, from now, every attractive but destructive thing that Satan may bring my way, help me to resist it, in Jesus name. Amen.
5. Father, whatever is accursed that is still hiding in my family, expose and get rid of it, in Jesus name. Amen.
6. Lord, help your Church and our Nation to get rid of every accursed thing causing us trouble, in Jesus name. Amen.
7. Lord, for the rest of my life, take my attention away from everything that you have not given to me in Jesus name. Amen.