Read: (Romans 12:12)
In the portion of the scripture you just read, the Spirit of God is showing you something that you need to live a consistent victorious life in Christ. He noted that though there’s tribulation all round, we should be constant in prayer; that is, consistent in prayer. The underlining message in this scripture is, you must develop yourself in prayer.
Some have thought that prayer is all about telling God your problems, hoping He’ll do something about them. Contrary to such opinion, prayer is not a one-way traffic; its fellowship or communion with your Heavenly Father. You’re not just talking to Him, but with Him. Constant communion helps to build love, to make it stronger; hence, prayer is a communion that builds your relationship with your Heavenly Father. That means, for you to grow and strengthen your love for Him, you have to learn to pray more.
Some others assume that prayer is simply a way to get God to do something or change His mind about an issue. As a result, they don’t pray until they have an urgent need in their lives that requires divine intervention. What such folks don’t know is, before you can change situations, your prayer must first change you. If your prayer doesn’t change you then your prayer life is not effective.
You see, there’s a transformation that takes place in your life when you commune with God regularly. As you spend more time to commune with God in prayer, your character and thoughts are continually being influenced by His presence and you’ll become more like Him in Character. Then, you’re transported unto a higher realm of the supernatural where nothing is impossible to you. Hallelujah! So you see, prayer is guaranteed to change your life, if you do it consistently. This is why we are admonished to be constant in prayer.
Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for the privilege of prayer. As I yield myself to you, let this time of communion transport me unto a higher level of relationship with You. Let there be a transformation in my thoughts, words, love and passion for the unsaved, in Jesus Christ Name I pray, Amen!
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Any man without self control is as defenceless as a city with broken down walls (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread (Matthew 6:11) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sometimes God does not answer our immediate prayer because He has something greater in store for us (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- You should never lack anything because you have a legal document that confers on you the right to all of God’s wealth (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sorrow And Bitterness (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God’s Love (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer, the MOST you can do. (lightlovegrace.wordpress.com)
- Special Prayer Request for a Servant of God (vineandbranchworldministries.com)
- Special Prayer (patriotsproject.wordpress.com)
- For What Should We Pray? (frted.wordpress.com)