Pray for Guidance
2 Corinthians 1:3
In order for cultures to become violent, barbaric, and uncaring, they have to be trained in violence, barbarism and selfishness.
In Amos 1:11 God points out that when we “pursue with the sword” we “stifle all compassion.” He was not pleased and “his anger raged continually and his fury flamed unchecked.” He was speaking of the city of Tyre, but He could have been speaking of any of today’s youth. In our movies, video games, television and music, the culture of fury is glorified. Violence is presented as the one and only solution to problems. Pursuing our neighbors with “swords” is glorified over compassion, forgiveness and understanding. Is it any wonder that our youth load guns instead of playing with one another?
Our nation was founded on positive values-life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. It is important to return to these God-given pursuits, and we need to ask for His help.
As a society, we need to demonstrate love, not violence. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you in choosing forms of entertainment that are pleasing to God.
- When I’m Discouraged (myheartsmission.com)
- Words of Peace (kjvbiblequotes.wordpress.com)
- Women in the Word Wednesday ~Ephesians Prayer (bonesinmyheart.wordpress.com)
- Identity – Who does God say we are through Christ? (helpedbygrace.wordpress.com)
- God’s Attributes (helpedbygrace.wordpress.com)
- Will You Let God? God is able! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Philippians 2:12-13 ~ Work Out Your Own Salvation (faithbibleministries.wordpress.com)
- Gods Got this (michellehudlin.wordpress.com)
- Read your Bible and pray everyday and you’ll grow…grow…grow! (sunshinelittleone.wordpress.com)