Our Love Will Be Tested
Read: Genesis 22:1-2
Not only is love expensive, it may also undergo a trial. If you don’t believe this, ask Abraham. At a time, Abraham was torn between his promised child Isaac and God. It became inevitable for God to test whether he still loved Him (Genesis 22:1-2). Whether you like it or not, your love for God will be tested. Usually it would be based on someone or something you really love. Isaac was about 15 years before the test. Abraham had become so fond of him to the point of Isaac being inseparable from him.
Your love may be tested on the fiery furnace or in the lion’s den. Since Jesus laid down His life for you, He expects nothing less from you to your brethren (1 John 3:16). It is either you love God to the extreme or you don’t.
To succeed in life could be quite expensive because of the requirement to study at night when others are sleeping, or study in the day while others are playing. One may even be called a bookworm and other names, yet that is a far cheaper price to pay than failure. If you fail, you will become a servant to your colleagues who succeeded. Every Christian may claim to be born again and on their way to Heaven, yet it is only the few who really love God that will make it on the last day. You can be part of the few!
Every disciple of Jesus will be required to take the test of love. Ask for grace to scale through.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Glorious Generation (Sermon Note) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- There is no higher authority than God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost. – Luke 19:10 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Wait More On The Lord (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God loves to hear us pray (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Man Christ Jesus (hitchhikeamerica.wordpress.com)
- It Was Only a Test (apropheticwalk.wordpress.com)
- “…I will be their God!” – The Lord’s provision (sarahhollinger.com)
- Messianic Prophecy Number 15: Gen 28.14 – Abraham’s, and Isaac’s Promise Repeated to Jacob (theoldtestamentandthenewtestament.com)
- Christ as the Sacrificed Son in the Book of Genesis (the-scarlet-thread.com)