No more sleepless nights
I believe one of the greatest things in life is to know that you are loved by God, the Creator of the universe. The Bible says He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. This world is full of troubles and you will face different challenge as long as you’re living in it. But the good news is that Jesus overcame the world for your sake (John 16:33). Therefore, you should no longer have sleepless nights over any situation in your life.
Some people find it difficult to sleep when they are confronted with challenges. Such people are oblivious to the fact that they were called into a life of rest. The Bible says, “For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His” (Hebrews 4:10). Jesus was mocked to the cross; He was spat on, beaten and rejected, and then He died. All these He did so that you may no longer cry. Therefore, whenever you think about the death of Jesus, always remember that He took all those pains, worries, dejection which could have given you sleepless nights. Hallelujah!
Remember that when He was praying in the garden of Gethsemane just before He was arrested, His disciples were sleeping. They awoke only after He had finished praying (Matthew 26:45). The Bible says, “For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his” (Hebrews 4:10). He has given you rest and taken your sleepless night away.
1 Peter 5:7 tells you what to do when you’re faced with challenges: “Throw all your worry on Him (God), because He cares for you.” The Bible says, “It’s useless to rise early and go to bed late, and work your worried fingers to the bone. Don’t you know he enjoys giving rest to those He loves?” (Psalm 127:2 MSG). Therefore, never let worry or any other thing steal your rest away from you.
I have the peace of God, therefore I dwell in rest. I refuse to be troubled by circumstances and situations, because I deal with them from a position of rest. Challenges are my nourishment and signs of my promotion. Glory to God! Amen!
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- You Are Valuable To God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- For every one that ask receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened (Luke 11:10) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sermon by Pastor E A Adeboye, August 2012 RCCG Holy Ghost Service 60th Annual Convention “Come Up Higher” (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Homesick For Heaven (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sleepless Nights And Weary Days, Finding The Lord’s Help (chronicillnesspaindevotionals.wordpress.com)
- Troubles Sleeping? Let Anne Bradstreet Point You to Jesus (gentlereformation.org)
- 15 Days in the Word with John Piper – 6 ASPECTS OF HUMILITY (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- God’s Care For Us In Our Suffering (unknownwellknown.wordpress.com)
- Sleepless in the Prairie (homespunhappenings.wordpress.com)