Life of praise and thanksgiving
“And being not weak in faith, he (Abraham) considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah’s womb: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God (Romans 4:19-20)
True Christianity is a supernatural life of faith in God’s Word. When you’re operating by the principles of faith, you’ll always be giving glory to God. You’ll always be thankful and grateful to Him, not for what you expect Him to do, but for all He’s already done, because you’ve come to understand that there’s absolutely nothing that He hasn’t done for you yet. This understanding makes your life that of praise and thanksgiving; you glorify God every day, everywhere and at all times.
In your life, you must learn how to look out only for that which gives God glory. So, instead of looking for your sickness; look for your healing. Some people are quick to rush to the doctor at the slightest pain or discomfort in their body. Such folks are looking out for their sickness instead of their healing. That’s not faith, and that doesn’t glorify God.
If, for example, there’s a swelling somewhere in your body; don’t talk about how persistent the growth is and complain about the pain. Instead, choose to see that it’s reducing and the pain gone. Then, begin to give glory to God for your healing. If you have a child that’s not been able to walk, and one morning you wake up to discover that there’s some form of movement in the child’s legs; the legs has moved and changed position, don’t wait till you can see the child perfectly walking and running around before you start giving glory to God. The right thing to do is to begin immediately to thank God that the child can walk! Faith gives glory to God!
For you to move from one level of glory to a higher level, you have to speak according to God’s Word. You have to talk yourself to that place where you want to be. If they’ve refused to promote you in your place of work; don’t be sad. Promotion doesn’t come from the east, west or from the south. It comes from God (Psalm 75:6). Therefore talk yourself to the top. Use your mouth. Keep declaring your promotion; your miracle is in your mouth. Don’t stagger at the promise of God through unbelief.
Dear Heavenly Father! I thank You and praise Your Holy Name for Your glory is manifested in my life continually. Help me to see only the fulfilment of Your Word and the manifestation of Your power in my life, so that my life may be full of praise and thanksgiving, in Jesus Christ Name, Amen!
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Faith (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- You Are Valuable To God (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sermon by Pastor E A Adeboye, August 2012 RCCG Holy Ghost Service 60th Annual Convention “Come Up Higher” (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- But My God Shall Supply All Your Need According To His Riches In Glory By Christ Jesus. Philppians 4:19 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- For every one that ask receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened (Luke 11:10) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Secret To A Dynamic Christian Life! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayers (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 15 Days in the Word with John Piper – LET JESUS ARGUE WITH YOUR SOUL ABOUT BEING ANXIOUS (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- 15 Days in the Word with John Piper – PSALM 135 AND THE PLEASURE OF GOD IN ALL HE DOES (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)