MORE THAN JUST WORDS
A person who has to swear or make a promise to validate his statements is a person whose word is no good. The thrust of Jesus’ teaching here is that we should live in such a manner that no one would ever have to have additional proof that we are telling the truth. Our word should be our bond.
We have all heard the story of the young shepherd boy who cried wolf when there was no wolf until finally no one believed him when the wolf really came. Our lack of integrity in performing our word has the same effect on people today.
Very few people conduct business anymore with their word and a handshake. Even contracts are not sacred if an individual can afford a good enough lawyer. But this is not the way God intended it.
God has fulfilled every word He has ever spoken. We were created in His image and He planned for us to be the same way. Even our physical bodies respond adversely when we lie. That’s why lie detectors work.
Today, commit yourself to be a new man or woman of your word. You will not only experience a new respect from others, but you will find the joy of a clear heart and mind.
- There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother, and His Name is Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Discipleship (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The key to success or failure lies in doing things at the word of Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- I Am the Good Shepherd Matthew 10: 1-21 (loopyloo305.com)
- For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- “Our Guest Writer for This Monday Morning” My Favorite Writer; Bro. Wayne Jackson (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- The Lord is my Shepherd (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Blind and Mute (lbfaith.wordpress.com)
- Teachings of Jesus: Let Your Yes be Yes (anotherchristianblog.org)
- Proverbs: Chapter Six (heatherbleier.wordpress.com)
- The Lord will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Points for March 2012 RCCG Special Holy Ghost Service “Let The Fire Fall” (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The COnfessions of your mouth (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- You are fearfully and wonderfully made (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Experience a breakthrough in your life (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Do not be afraid (bummyla.wordpress.com)