Culled from: Max Lucado Daily
None of us can do what all of us can do—Jesus works in community!
In 1976, an earthquake devastated the highlands of Guatemala. Thousands were killed and even more left homeless. Twelve of us from our college volunteered to help out during spring break. Most of us were ministry students. All of us loved to discuss theology. I can’t remember the list. But by the time we reached Guatemala, I’d discerned the faithful from the infidels. I knew who was in and who was out!
But our task turned rivals into partners. We were a team. We began to sing together. Pray together. It was Jesus’ plan all along. Jesus didn’t issue individual assignments. He didn’t move one-by-one down the line and knight each individual. He did, however, say in Acts 1:8, “You—all of you collectively—shall be my witnesses!”
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- A Slave Of Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Being an “Acts Church” (garrettventry.wordpress.com)
- Every one know’s Jesus (pjgracecommunity.wordpress.com)
- A Jesus to worship…but to Godly to imitate (thewearypilgrim.typepad.com)
- Jesus is the Name above every other name! (cny.org)
- Just being the branch on the vine: Secret of our Christian Journey (junjunfaithbook.com)