God blesses those who are humble, for they will inherit the whole earth.
.C. Immediately the top leaders of the most powerful country in the world, along with the other esteemed guests, rose to their feet and applauded. Many had tears in their eyes.
The wife of a United States Senator later said, “She looked so tiny and out-of-place in her blue-and-white habit, old gray sweater, and sandals that had obviously carried her many miles. I was struck with the contrast. I thought, ‘Lord, this frail woman has more power than I see in the Halls of Congress. She reflects Jesus everywhere she goes, and everyone is strangely moved.'”
Mother Teresa never owned anything; she never held up her fist to demand rights for herself. Yet she was raised to a pinnacle of recognition for her work with the destitute and dying in Calcutta, India. A shining example of selflessness, she proved the power of God’s love to transform people and touch a starved world.
This is real power, and, unlike that of the world, it confounds the wise and humbles the mighty. It is the power of God working through ordinary men and women for His glory.
When we are filled with His Spirit, we have that same power inside of us. But He wants us to be vessels of His mission. Then people will not see us, but will see Him in us. Like Mother Teresa, we will display a power the world does not know. But His Spirit working in us will draw others to Himself.
Your View of God Really Matters …
When people look at you, who do they see? Jesus or you? The only way people will ever see Jesus in you is if you focus on Him. It’s not enough to act right. You must focus right. Today focus on Jesus, and allow His Spirit to live through you.
What more does God say?
Because God is all powerful, He can help us with anything.
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Glorify God in your body and Spirit (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- March Gladness (sewwritetopray.wordpress.com)
- Ministers Are Fellow Workers with God 1Corinthians 3: 5-17 (thechristiangazette.wordpress.com)
- “Anyway” by Mother Teresa (catholicboyrichard.wordpress.com)
- “Anyway” by Mother Teresa (bbachsbeat.com)
- Feast Day: Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta (loldenver.wordpress.com)
- Women for Jesus (debras-daily-dialogue.com)
- Victory in Christ (jesusnameaboveall.wordpress.com)
- Jesus is with You (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God is Love (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God is good (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Own Up to Guilt (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- When we see death, we see disaster. When Jesus sees death, He sees deliverance! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Daddy, I need to hear your voice (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- When you give alms, let not your left hand know what your right hand has just done (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God the Living Word (bummyla.wordpress.com)