For every one that ask receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks it shall be opened (Luke 11:10)
You have every right, as a child of God, to expect answers when you pray (John 15:16). But if you pray to God, doubting, you’re not going to get anything James 1:8 says, “A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.” No man can receive anything from God without faith (Hebrews 11:6)
The reason some people wouldn’t expect answers to their prayers is that they remember all their sins and failures as soon as they get on their knees to pray; they are overwhelmed by self-condemnation. Self-condemnation will destroy your faith. It’s impossible for a man to receive anything from God without faith and that means you wouldn’t be able to receive the answer to your prayer. The way out of this quagmire is to build yourself in God’s Word because you’re a spiritual babe.
The Bible says, “For every on that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe” (Hebrews 5:13). Righteousness is the nature of God that makes you stand before God without the feeling of guilt, inferiority or condemnation. If you condemn yourself incessantly, then you’re unskilled in the Word of Righteousness and as such, you’re a spiritual babe. 1 Peter 2:2 says, “As newborn babes, desires the sincere milk of the Word, that ye may grow thereby.” The Word of God can build you up in righteousness; “For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith…..” (Romans 1:17). You need to renew your mind with God’s Word and strengthen yourself in His righteousness. With this consciousness of your righteousness in Christ, you can confidently ask The Father, knowing that you’ll receive answer to your request.
Dear Heavenly father! I thank You for giving me the opportunity to ask according to Your will, and the confidence that You will grant my request. Therefore, I ask that You cause me to work in favour today; in my job, school and home, in Jesus Christ Name, Amen!
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Always On God’s Mind (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- You should never lack anything because you have a legal document that confers on you the right to all of God’s wealth (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Any man without self control is as defenceless as a city with broken down walls (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Before your burden overcomes you, trust God to put His arms underneath you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Being filled with the fruits of righteousness “by” Christ (ptl2010.com)
- Beatings That Cleanse (myheartsmission.com)
- Trinity 11 “God’s anger against you, and how it is turned away” (deprofundisclamaviadtedomine.wordpress.com)
- The Faith Struggle (gospelbondservant.com)
- Organizing the Inside – Day 346 Practice Wisdom and Get Results (lizmason.wordpress.com)
- Invitation to the thirsty: Take me to the King (virtuouswoman73.wordpress.com)