THE DANGER OF DELAY.
TEXT: “I must work the works of Him that sent me, while it is day; the night cometh, when no man can work.” John 9:4
Beloved, is there something God has put in your heart to do, that you’ve been postponing? Is there an idea you’ve been toying with for years now, but never found the time or courage to implement? Is there something you need to settle or tidy up in your personal or family life, but which you’ve been carelessly putting off? In our text, Jesus is indirectly telling us to be brisk and prompt in all that we do, while we are able, for a time will come when we will no longer be able to do them.
REASONS YOU MUST ACT NOW:
1. Delay can render your efforts inconsequential or less profitable. An accomplishment that would have been great if done at the right time may no longer attract attention if done at the wrong time because it may no longer be in vogue. Therefore, if God has put an idea in your mind to do, get cracking on it now, otherwise, tomorrow may be too late. Ecclesiastes 11:4 says whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the cloud will not reap. Stop looking for excuses or perfect conditions, start it now!
2. Delay can abort your dreams completely because:
(a) God may take your delay for disobedience or lack of interest and transfer the idea to someone else to do;
(b) if you leave it too late, you may no longer have the strength or wherewithal to do it;
(c) the idea may have expired because God meant it for a specific time. Habakkuk 2:3 says the vision is for an appointed time!
3. Delay can endanger your eternity. You don’t know when your Master will come calling. In Luke 9:59-62, Jesus called two people to follow Him. One took excuse to first go bury his father. The other took excuse to go say goodbye to his family. Jesus said they were not fit for God’s Kingdom!
Beloved, each time you postpone till tomorrow, something you should do today, you delay your own future, and endanger your destiny. May delay not steal your destiny and eternity, in Jesus name.
1. Father, let me die empty, after having fully completed my assignment on earth.
2. Father, terminate every spirit of delay in my life, in Jesus name.
3. Father, let me be ready, when you come calling for me, in Jesus name.