Avoiding Evil Doors.
Text: Proverbs 14:12-“There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.”
Jabez: 1 Chr 4:9-10
Proverbs 16:9; Psalm 37
One of the greatest gifts of God to Man is THE POWER OF CHOICE, Deuteronomy 30:15, 19. The ability or free-will to choose what we want.
In using that power, many people make choices which on the surface appear good but in the end, result in regret, failure, and even, sometimes, destruction.
WHAT IS AN EVIL DOOR?
An evil door is a decision, choice or offer, which on the surface appears like a harmless opportunity , but inherently contains or leads to trouble or unpalatable results. Because evil is not written on it, you won’t recognize it for what it really is. As a matter of fact, it may look good and attractive on the surface. It will look harmless. It may even look irresistible and seem like a God-sent answer to your prayers. It may have all the features of a breakthrough. Unless you are spiritually discerning, you will not know that it is an evil door. That is why the scripture says it looks like the right way.
By all physical calculations or human wisdom, it may look like the perfect thing to do, the perfect person to marry, the perfect investment to make, the perfect job to accept, the perfect place to live, the perfect place to travel to, and the perfect move to make. Yet it may end in disaster, failure or calamity. That is an evil door.
WHAT LEADS PEOPLE TO EVIL DOORS
1. LACK OF SPIRITUAL DISCERNMENT. Discernment means simply, the ability to judge well, decide rightly, or make the right decision. Spiritual discernment means to have the divine ability or wisdom to see beyond the physical surface of a matter and take a decision that accords with God’s will. The ability to test to know what is right or wrong in a given circumstance. This is one thing that many believers lack, and for which reason, many fall into unnecessary calamities-the ability to choose between good and evil., where to go and where not to go, which gift you should accept, and which you should not accept, where you should eat, and where you should not eat, who you should share your intimate dreams and affairs with, and who you should keep them from. As strong and heavily anointed as Samson was, (Judges 16), he lacked the spirit of discernment otherwise he would have known that Delilah was an evil door waiting to consume him.
In 1 Kings 13:1-26, the young prophet perished because he lacked the spirit of discernment, to know that the old prophet was lying. The Spirit of Discernment was what Solomon asked for in 1 Kings 3:9. It was what Apostle Paul prayed for the Philippians to have, in Philippians 1: 9-10. It was what John the Apostle urged all believers to pray for in 1 John 4:1-“Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God; because many false prophets are gone out into the world.” When you are blessed with the spirit of discernment, you will be able to decide what is good and what is evil, in making your choices. How do you obtain it? As you diligently study the scriptures, pray and grow in your walk with God, He will give you the Spirit of Wisdom and discernment, Hebrews 5: 14.
2. SATANIC DECEPTION AND MANIPULATION: Adam and Eve did not deliberately intend to disobey God. They fell into the evil door of disobedience because of satanic deception, Genesis 3. They thought the serpent was giving them a good advice, not knowing it was a deadly advice, that would cost them dearly. Some people’s destinies have also been so manipulated or tampered with by Satan, that they are unable to make the right choices and decisions. Each time they want to take the right step, they find themselves taking the wrong steps.
3. GREED. The greedy are very easily drawn to evil doors. In Genesis 13:10-13, out of greed, Lot chose the well-watered plains of Jordan, pitching his tent towards Sodom and Gomorrah, not knowing that it was going to be a land of disaster. If he had not been greedy, and allowed Abraham to choose first, he might have avoided the tragedy of Sodom and Gomorrah. Gehazi’s greed also led him to become the beneficiary of leprosy instead of the Mantle of Anointing- in 2 Kings 5:20-27. Many are falling victims of scammers, Rouge Bankers and Ponzi schemes today because they are greedily looking for Impossible Returns On Investments.
4. DESPERATION. Desperation and impatience are evil doors that can lead to terrible consequences. It led Abraham and Sarah to Ishmael, Genesis 16. It cost Esau his birthright, Genesis 25: 29-34. Today, Desperation to get rich, is leading many into things, like money rituals, advance fee frauds, kidnapping, armed robbery, and other criminal activities. It has led to unhappy marriages, ungodly compromises and falling into the hands of false prophets.
5. UNHOLY ALLIANCES. In 2 Chronicles 18:31-34, Jehoshaphat, King of Judah, entered into an alliance with Ahab, King of Isreal, which almost cost him his life. In 2 Chronicles 20:35-37, the same King Jehoshaphat, King of Judah entered into another unholy alliance with Ahaziah, King of Isreal, and met with the wrath of God. God destroyed all the ships they built to sail to Tashish by.
HOW TO AVOID ENTERING INTO AN EVIL DOOR:
- Let God Lead You In Decision Making. Pray and listen to God before taking a decision no matter the urgency. Proverbs 16:9-“A man’s heart devises his ways, but God directs his steps.” Psalm 37:23 says: “The steps of a man are ordered by the Lord and He delighted in his way.” Psalm 100:3 says God made us and we are the sheep of His pasture. As the sheep of His pasture, we ought to let Him show us where to graze. Do not make important choices and decisions based on sight only, as Lot did. Let the Holy Spirit rather than your flesh guide you. In Genesis 26:1-2, Isaac was going to run to Egypt because there was famine in the land, but God warned him not to, and he listened to God. By letting God direct his path, he stayed in Gerah and prospered, v. 12.
2. Learn To Walk By Faith Rather Than By Sight. The Bible says the just shall live by faith, Habakkuk 2:4; Hebrews 10:38. If we learn to walk by faith rather than by sight, we are less likely to fall into Satan’s trap. Faith Is Superior To Sight.
3. Test The Choice You Are About To Make By Scripture. If it does not align with God’s Word, however tempting, reject it. Psalm 119:105 says: “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” 1 Thessalonians 5:21-22-(NLT) “Test everything that is said; hold on to what is good. Stay away from every kind of evil.”
4. Seek Godly Counsel, if after praying about it, you are still confused. Proverbs 11:14-“Where no counsel is, the people fall; but in the middle of counsellors there is safety.” Proverbs 12:15 says:”The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but he that hearkens to counsel is wise.”
The worst of all evil doors is the door of Unbelief In The Lord Jesus Christ. Anyone who fails to acknowledge and accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior will discover, perhaps too late, that he has walked the path of destruction. That is why I want to urge you wherever you may be listening, to ensure that you give your life to Jesus now.
In John 8:12, Jesus said: “I am the Light of the world; he that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” Unless you are born again and have Christ in your life, you will be walking in darkness and always in danger of making wrong choices and entering into evil doors. That is why you must give your life to Christ so that you can always walk in His light.
PRAYER POINTS: James 4:17-“Submit yourselves then to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.”
Ephesians 6:10-13. “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might…”
1. Father, by your mercy, shut every evil door opened before me, and my family, in Jesus name. Amen.
2. Father, tonight, by your mercy, set me and every member of my family free from satanic bondage, in Jesus name. Amen.
3. Father, by your mercy, terminate every satanic manipulation in my life, and in the lives of my children, in Jesus name. Amen.
4. Father, tonight, by your mercy, let every satanic operation in my life and in the lives of my children come to an end, in Jesus name. Amen.
5. Father, tonight, block permanently, every satanic access or in-road, into my life and my family, in Jesus name. Amen.
6. Father, from now, give me the spirit of discernment, that i may know good from bad, in Jesus name. Amen.
7. Father, henceforth order my steps in all the issues of my life, in Jesus name. Amen.
8. Father, for the rest of my life, let me walk in your light and not in darkness, in Jesus name. Amen.
Father, according to your word, whatever we bind on earth you will bind in heaven, and whatever we loosee, you shall also lose in heaven.
1. Therefore, I decree and I declare, every evil door opened before your children, is hereby shut permanently, in the name of Jesus. Amen.
2. Father, I decree and declare that every one of your children dwelling up till now, in any form of evil door, is set free, completely, in Jesus name. Amen.
3. Father, I command every form of captivity concerning your children broken and destroyed, in Jesus name. Amen.
4. Captivity of sickness and disease is broken in Jesus name. Amen.
5. Captivity of failure is broken, in Jesus name. Amen.
6. Captivity of barrenness is broken, in Jesus name. Amen.
7. Captivity of stagnancy is broken, in Jesus name. Amen.
8. Captivity of loneliness is broken in Jesus name. Amen.
9. Captivity of poverty is broken in Jesus name. Amen.
10. Captivity of joblessness is broken in Jesus name Amen.
11. Captivity of disappointment at the point of breakthrough, is broken, in Jesus name. Amen.
12. You are set free,in the name of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, in Jesus name. Amen.
Thank You Jesus.
Jesus Loves You.
Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
Father! In The Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ Your Son! We Cover Your Son Pastor E A Adeboye With The Precious Blood Of Jesus! He Shall Finish Strong, To Your Glory Through Christ Jesus Our Lord And Saviour! Amen!
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!
Support Our Ministry
Good Morning Dear!
It Cost A Lot Of Money To Maintain A Website! Nonetheless A Non-Profit Christian Website.
Please If You Have Been Blessed By This Ministry And You Are Led To Support And Bless This Ministry In Return.
Please Make Your Donation To This Account
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah
Account Number: 0139438409
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Nigeria
To Help Us Continue In The Spreading Of The Gospel Of Our Lord Jesus Christ To Every Corner Of This World.
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!
May God We Serve Bless You A Million Times In Return! Amen!
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah