A Slave Of Christ Jesus
“This letter is from Paul, a slave of Christ Jesus….” (Romans 1:1)
When I proposed to Vonette, I said we would travel the world and that we would live in prestigious Bel Air, California. I promised her everything her heart could desire before we were married.
But within a couple of years our desires and our interests had changed. We had both fallen in love with Jesus. We came to the conclusion that knowing and serving Jesus was more important than anything else.
It was in that spring of 1951, one memorable afternoon, that Vonette and I, in our home in the Hollywood Hills, got on our knees and prayed, “Lord, we surrender our lives irrevocably to You. We want to do Your will. We want to love and serve You with all of our hearts for the rest of our lives.”
We actually wrote and signed a contract committing our whole lives to Him, relinquishing all of our rights, all of our possessions, everything we would ever own, giving to Him, our Dear Lord and Master, everything.
In the words of the apostle Paul, Vonette and I became voluntary “slaves” of Jesus that Sunday afternoon, by choice, as an act of the will.
Approximately 24 hours after we signed the contract to be His slaves, He gave me a world-changing vision, which we call Campus Crusade for Christ. I believe that had there been no contract, there would have been no vision.
For over 50 years, I have considered it my greatest honour to be a slave of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Your View of God Really Matters …
Is God truly sovereign in your life? Do you believe wholeheartedly that knowing and serving Jesus is the more important than anything else? Are you willing, along with the apostle Paul, to voluntarily become a slave of Jesus out of your love for Him?
What More Does God Say?
Because God is sovereign, I will joyfully submit to His Will, Amen!
Culled from: DiscoverGod.com
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Faith Child – Salvation- Jesus, my Lord (ptl2010.com)
- Believe In The Name of Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The resurrection of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ from the dead changes everything (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- B.C: My life before Christ (setwatchman.com)
- We are all one in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Abide in Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The Spirit Assures of Final Victory (loopyloo305.com)
- Christian Cannot :: Denial and Discipleship (thepauls.wordpress.com)
- Two Natures: Jesus Christ Is Fully Human (kevinnunez.org)
- Who is Jesus Christ and Why Should I Care? (prweb.com)
- Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever (bummyla.wordpress.com)