Boko Haram Gunmen Abduct 8 More Girls In Northeast Nigeria: Police
MAIDUGURI Nigeria (Reuters) – Suspected Boko Haram gunmen kidnapped eight girls from a village near one of their strongholds in north eastern Nigeria overnight, police and residents said on Tuesday.
The abduction of the girls, aged 12 to 15, follows the kidnapping of more than 200 other schoolgirls by the Islamist militant group last month.
Lazarus Musa, a resident of the village of Warabe, told Reuters that armed men had opened fire during the raid.
“They were many, and all of them carried guns. They came in two vehicles painted in army colour. They started shooting in our village,” Musa said by telephone from the village in the hilly Gwoza area, Boko Haram’s main base.
A police source, who could not be named, said the girls were taken away on trucks, along with looted livestock and food.
View original post 296 more words