The Spirit Breathes Upon The Word And Brings The Truth To Sight.
1. The Spirit breathes upon the Word,
And bring the truth to sight;
Precepts and promises afford,
A sanctifying light.
2. A glory gilds the sacred page,
Majestic, like the sun:
It gives a light to every age,
It gives, but borrows none.
3. The hands that gave it still supplies
The gracious light and heat;
Its truths upon the nations rise
They rise, but never set.
4. Let everlasting thanks be Thine
For such a bright display,
As makes a world of darkness shine
With beams of heavenly day.
5. My soul rejoices to pursue
The steps of Him I love,
Till glory breaks upon my view
View original post 146 more words