Delayed And Unanswered Prayers. We Should Imbibe The Never Say Die Attitude In Our Prayer Life. Some Reasons For Delayed Or Unanswered Prayers. How Often Do We Wrestle In The Place Of Prayer? The Kingdom Of God Suffers Violence And The Violent Takes It By Force. Holiness Holds The Ace For Prayers To Be Answered. Without Holiness, No Man Can See God. May The Lord Open Our Eyes To See The Areas In Our Lives That We Need To Work On For Our Prayers Not To Be Delayed Or Go Unanswered. Father, Your Mercy Is From Everlasting To Everlasting. Please Answer Me As I Call Upon The Name Of Jesus Christ.
You are Alpha and Omega; we worship you our God, you are worthy to be praised!
Daniel 10:10-13 KJV — And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands. And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling. Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.
Daniel’s prayer/petition was withheld for 21 days; until heaven sent help via archangel Michael and his crew. In the course of the delay, you would observe Daniel persisted in the place of prayers until a response came.
This situation can be likened to what Jacob faced in Genesis 32:24; where he wrestled with the angel until he got a response. We should imbibe the ‘never-say-die’ attitude in our prayer life.
Nevertheless, such situation calls for self examination with a view to ascertain what may be the cause of the delay; the Holy Spirit guiding us.
Some Reasons For Delayed or Unanswered Prayers:
1. Times and seasons are in God’s hand. Daniel 2:21. He removes Kings and raises Kings. He decides which prayers to answer and leaves others unanswered. That is why He is God; because He can do and undo. May His mercy and compassion overshadow all the inadequacies that may hinder our prayers, in Jesus name, Amen!
2. Isaiah 55:8-9. God’s ways are different from ours; and His thoughts vary from ours. Isaiah 46:10 says that He knows the end from the beginning. Certainly, He will not attend to a request that may lead to our destruction, by us being tempted beyond what we can bear. 1 Corinthians 10:13.
3. Jacob wrestled with an angel all night. Genesis 32:24-28. He was afraid of Esau and needed assurance of God’s protection. Verse 24 says he was left alone as he offered “violent” prayers. How often do we wrestle in the place of prayer? The kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent takes it by force. See Matthew 11:12.
4. Is your prayer targeted at achieving vainglory? Apostle Paul in Philippians 2:3 advised against such. While we are encouraged to pray for God’s blessing; the underlying reasons and approach, must not be tainted with pride; just as the hypocrites do in Matthew 6:5.
5. Matthew 7:9; tells us you cannot ask your Father for bread and He will give you stone. However, the question remains, does the Father recognise the son? How is your relationship with Him? Is your salvation still on course or do you need to revisit John 3:3-6 and reignite a Father/son relationship again? This should be the starting point in fulfilling all righteousness for prayers to be answered.
6. God is a business man par excellence! That’s why He said in Isaiah 48:17 that He will teach us to make profit. Why not cut a deal with Him? Win souls for Him on one part and then represent your pending petitions. Then, His promises in John 15:16 will be established in your life.
7. Above all, holiness holds the ace for prayers to be answered. Without holiness, no man can see God; Hebrews 12:14. Be ye holy for I am holy; 1 Peter 1:16. If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good of the land; Isaiah 1:19.
May the Lord open our eyes to see the areas in our lives that we need to rework for our prayers not to be delayed or go unanswered.
a] Father, please take away anything in my life that does not glorify your name.
b] Father, your mercy is from everlasting to everlasting. Please answer me as I call upon the name of Jesus Christ!
c] Father, please teach me how to pray aright.
d] Father, at all times, let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, Amen.
Thank You Jesus.
Jesus Loves You.
Father! In The Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ Your Son! We Cover Your Son Pastor E A Adeboye With The Precious Blood Of Jesus! He Shall Finish Strong, To Your Glory Through Christ Jesus Our Lord And Saviour! Amen!
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!
Support Our Ministry
Good Morning Dear!
It Cost A Lot Of Money To Maintain A Website! Nonetheless A Non-Profit Christian Website.
Please If You Have Been Blessed By This Ministry And You Are Led To Support And Bless This Ministry In Return.
Please Make Your Donation To This Account
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah
Account Number: 0139438409
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Nigeria
To Help Us Continue In The Spreading Of The Gospel Of Our Lord Jesus Christ To Every Corner Of This World.
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!
May God We Serve Bless You A Million Times In Return! Amen!
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah