At The Centre Of God’s Will For Our Lives. For Us To Finish Our Race Well And Strong; We Need To Remain At The Centre Of God’s Will, Through The Help And Guidance Of The Holy Spirit. The Power In Prayers Cannot Be Underestimated. The Holy Spirit Bringing All Things To Our Remembrance. Faith As Small As A Mustard Seed Is All We Need. By God’s Grace Our Faith Is Alive In Jesus Name, Amen. As We Obey, We Shall Remain At The Centre Of God’s Will. Father, You Created Me To Give You Pleasure. Please Take Away Any Barrier That Will Frustrate This Purpose In My Life, Amen.
Song : As daily as I live, as often as I breathe, let my whole life be expression of your grace.
We cry ABBA Father, hallowed be Your name, hallowed be Your name.
Text : Matthew 26:39 KJV — And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
Introduction: What does it mean to be at the centre of God’s will? Simply put, to obey and do His will. In our text above, our Saviour Jesus Christ expressed reservation momentarily, but quickly countered by succumbing to the will of the Father. Philippians 2:8 attests to it “And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross”. That was why He was able to accomplish His assignment for the redemption of our souls, as He stated in John 17:4. For us to finish our race well and strong; we need to remain at the centre of God’s will, through the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit.
WHAT MUST WE DO TO REMAIN AT THE CENTRE OF GOD’S WILL?
1. Prayer Is Key: Our text [ Matthew 26:39] says “,,,,, fell on His face and prayed …..”. Also, in Matthew 4:1-2; Jesus Christ started His ministry with fasting and prayers. Even while He was executing His earthly ministry, He remained in-tune with the Father through prayers [Matthew 14:23]. He also ended His ministry on earth in prayer as in Luke 23:46. The power in prayers cannot be underestimated. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 is relevant.
2. Having The Mind Of Christ: Apostle Paul encouraged us in Philippians 2:5-8 to have the mind of Jesus Christ. Jesus made Himself of no reputation, played the role of a servant, humbled Himself and obeyed the Father even unto death on the cross. We should strive to emulate these virtues on daily basis, the Holy Spirit bringing all things to our remembrance.
3. We Must Carry Our Cross: In Matthew 10:38; Jesus made it clear: anyone who wants to follow Him must carry his cross and die daily. Cross here means death to self and a resurrection or renewed life in Jesus! The implication is that Jesus takes the centre-stage in your life; as every other thing remains secondary to you. Jesus rebuked Apostle Peter for urging Him against carrying His cross. See Matthew 16:23.
4. Faith: Hebrews 11:6 says without faith it is impossible to please God. Our Lord Jesus Christ worked by faith throughout His earthly ministry and remained at the centre of His Father’s will. We should likewise emulate Him. Faith as small as a mustard seed is all we need. By God’s grace our faith is alive in Jesus name, Amen!
5. Do God’s Work: Do the work of God while it is day [John 9:4]. We have been empowered and equipped for such works. See Mark 16:15-18.
As we obey, we shall remain at the centre of God’s will.
a] Father, whatever it takes, please empower me to remain at the centre of Your will, always.
b] Proverbs 14:12. Father, in all my doings, please guide me unto the right way.
c] Revelation 4:11. Father, You created me to give you pleasure. Please take away any barrier that will frustrate this purpose in my life.
d] Commit the rest of this week into the Lord’s hand.
Thank You Jesus.
Jesus Loves You.
Father! In The Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ Your Son! We Cover Your Son Pastor E A Adeboye With The Precious Blood Of Jesus! He Shall Finish Strong, To Your Glory Through Christ Jesus Our Lord And Saviour! Amen!
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!
Support Our Ministry
Good Morning Dear!
It Cost A Lot Of Money To Maintain A Website! Nonetheless A Non-Profit Christian Website.
Please If You Have Been Blessed By This Ministry And You Are Led To Support And Bless This Ministry In Return.
Please Make Your Donation To This Account
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah
Account Number: 0139438409
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Nigeria
To Help Us Continue In The Spreading Of The Gospel Of Our Lord Jesus Christ To Every Corner Of This World.
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!
May God We Serve Bless You A Million Times In Return! Amen!
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah