Glory in Knowledge of God.
All the glory must be to the Lord
For He is worthy to be praised
No man on earth should give glory to himself
For all the glory must be to the Lord.
Text : Jeremiah 9:23-24
23 Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord.
Glory is defined as adoring praise or worshipful thanksgiving. The above scripture has both a warning and clear instructions.
1. The wise man must not glory in his wisdom. Remember that James 1:5 does direct us to the source of wisdom, God. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. Since God has directed us to Himself for wisdom, and we know that all of God’s gifts are good, the issue is not in wisdom but in the fact that some wise people forget that without God they would be foolish. Conseqently, every truly wise person must give glory to God and.God alone.
2. The mighty man must not glory in his might. We serve God Almighty. He alone has all the might. According to Isaiah 11:2, the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of might. This means that He is the source of the power to do exploits or Work that brings recognition. We must not be deceived by the devil into believing that, like the rich fool in Luke 12:18, “our hand has brought this…” For any man to be mighty and continue to stay mighty, he/she must make a.habit of giving God all the glory.
3. The rich is often tempted to give undeserved glory to riches. Excl 7:12 says money is a defence. Same scripture goes further to state that there is an excellency in knowledge. Yes, we need money to transact without stress…However, the love of money, the worship of money, giving too much attention on money is the root of all evil (1 Timothy 6:10).
Brethren, these 3 items are good in themselves. They do not constitute sin in their acquisition. In fact, they come from God. What God hates is when we transfer His reserved glory to these or other things or creatures. Jere. 9:24 says clearly that we should rejoice in the fact that we UNDERSTAND and KNOW GOD. Understanding and knowing God demands dedicated time in His presence. It demands that our “minds are Stayed on Him” daily. It demands that we pray without ceasing, in the spirit of course.
In conclusion, we know the devil is cunning and might not come out directly to attack us through the obvious paths. One sure path of attack is in seeking to keep us in the dark concerning the person and power of our Lord and Savior. We must steadfastly resist him by:
1. Being diligent in daily study of the word. 2 Timothy 2:15
2. Being diligent in application of the Word. James 1:22
3. Seeking and dwelling in the presence of the Lord. Psalms 31:20
Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues. According to this scripture, it is in the secret of God’s presence that we can defeat pride. May we continue to dwell in God’s presence in Jesus Name.
1. Father, thank You for Your gift of wisdom, might and riches. May my family and I enjoy these gifts in humility and acknowledgement that they all come from You, Amen.
2. Father please keep me in Your presence and keep me from the pride of man! Amen.
3. Father, help me to continually give all the glory to You and not to Your gifts or channels in Jesus Name! Amen!
Thank You Jesus.
Jesus Loves You.
Father! In The Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ Your Son! We Cover Your Son Pastor E A Adeboye With The Precious Blood Of Jesus! He Shall Finish Strong, To Your Glory Through Christ Jesus Our Lord And Saviour! Amen!
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!
Support Our Ministry
Good Morning Dear!
It Cost A Lot Of Money To Maintain A Website! Nonetheless A Non-Profit Christian Website.
Please If You Have Been Blessed By This Ministry And You Are Led To Support And Bless This Ministry In Return.
Please Make Your Donation To This Account
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah
Account Number: 0139438409
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Nigeria
To Help Us Continue In The Spreading Of The Gospel Of Our Lord Jesus Christ To Every Corner Of This World.
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!
May God We Serve Bless You A Million Times In Return! Amen!
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah