Wisdom is the principal thing, get Wisdom. Everybody needs wisdom. No matter where you are in life or what you face in life, you need wisdom. God places high value on wisdom. Wisdom comes from Him. He’s the giver of wisdom. Wisdom of God cannot fail or disappoint us. Jesus is the Power and the Wisdom of God.
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, we thank You Lord for Your greatness and wonderful deeds. Thank You for this month of May filled with Your goodness and blessings spiritually and physically. Forgive us all our sins, purify and sanctify our hearts. Please continue to extend Your Mercy to us all. Fill us afresh with Holy Spirit, Power and Wisdom and let Your name alone be glorified in our lives in Jesus Mighty name.
Let the power of the Lord come down oh Lord
Let the power of the Lord come down
Let the power of the Lord from heaven come down
Let the power of the Lord come down.
Let the Spirit, Anointing, glory, of the Lord come down.
TITLE: Wisdom is the principal thing, get Wisdom.
TEXT: Proverbs 4:5-9, Eph 1:15-17
Proverbs 24:3-4 Through wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; By knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
Ephesians 1:17 that the God of our Lord, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.
Wisdom is a vital requirement in man’s destiny. Everybody needs wisdom. We desperately need wisdom in virtually every aspect of life. In our relationships, to manage our finances, in life’s decisions, certainly in our marriages, businesses and places of employment, parenting, deal with conflicts, respond to difficult situations or people, as a leader or Minister of the Gospel. No matter where you are in life or what you face in life, you need wisdom.
So many run into problems because of decision making. There are so many situations we find ourselves in life that requires little prayer but applying godly wisdom will deliver us from that problem or trials.
The Bible makes it clear in Jude 25 that “To God our Saviour, Who alone is wise.” Romans 16:27 says “The only wise God.” God places high value on wisdom. Wisdom comes from Him. He’s the giver of wisdom. Wisdom of God cannot fail or disappoint us.
I pray that the All Wise God will fill each an everyone of us with wisdom from above to make us excel in the journey of life in Jesus Name.
WHAT IS GODLY OR SPIRITUAL WISDOM
Wisdom is the capacity of the mind that allows us to understand life from God’s perspective.
Wisdom brings peace, attracts divine presence, brings distinction, victory and forbids defeat, brings promotion, favour and acceptance, preservation of life, assist leadership and so whatever it takes to get at wisdom, it is worth it. Wisdom is the principal thing, get wisdom.
NOTABLE CHARACTERS IN THE BIBLE WITH WISDOM
1) The spirit of wisdom was released into the life of Joshua after Moses laid hands on him and from then on Israelites listened to and obeyed him. Deut 34:9
2) The wise woman from Tekoa sent by Joab said to David in 2 Sam14:20 “ …but my lord is wise, according to the wisdom of the angel of God, to know everything that is in the earth.” David knew that the woman was not acting alone.
3) Esther with wisdom knew what to do when Jewish people ran into serious problem in a foreign land.
4) 2 Peter 3:15 Apostle Peter said concerning Apostle Paul “….as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you,”
5) Daniel because of God’s wisdom was a leader of all leaders. Daniel 5:14
6) Solomon was sought out for by Queens, Kings, Princes, Nations because of God’s given wisdom in his life.
7) Jesus is the Power and the Wisdom of God.
HOW DO I APPLY GODLY WISDOM TO MY LIFE?
1) Choose wisdom. If you want what’s best for your soul, it starts with making a decision to have it. James 3:13, “Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom.”
2) Trust your instinct. Make it a point to pay attention to the still, small voice inside you. It knows more than you think about most things. It’s our guide, God talking to us and therefore should not be ignored.
3) Set boundaries. Once you desire wisdom, the rules for how you live your life will change. You will start to wonder if it’s wise to borrow more money from people or walk your way out of debt.
4) Surround yourself with wisdom. Wise counsel, wise people, wise books are all avenues of wisdom. Make use of them. Proverbs 24:3-6
5) Learn from your mistakes. The first time might be an accident. The second time might be a mistake. But the third time? That’s a problem. Remember being wise not only means knowing the facts and truth, but you are now ready to apply them to your life.
6) Learn from other people’s mistakes. Watch and observe. You don’t have to go through everything to learn a great lesson from it.
7) Choose it daily.
Proverbs 4:5 says Above all and before all get wisdom and get understanding. God is telling us to make it our number one priority in life. Above money, success, appearance, power, popularity, or anything else get wisdom.
●Father thank You for Your gracious promise to give us wisdom generously.
●Father fill me with wisdom from above – wisdom that is pure, peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.
●Father please give me wisdom, knowledge and understanding in all areas of my life in Jesus Name. Amen.
I decree and declare that God will grant you with wisdom, to walk with you and guide you in your journey of life. Mercy of God will continually speak for you. Today will be a blessed day like never before in your life.
Please do have a great day and go with God. Amen.