Going Higher Part 13. Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye.
Text: 1 Kings 17: 7-9
Today’s focus is on the widow of Zarephath.
The widow of Zarephath was one out of many, yet she was singled out for favour. Luke 4: 25-26
I pray for you today in the Name of Jesus, God will single you out for favour. Amen!
Why was the widow singled out for favour?
Elijah was not so helpless that God couldn’t send provision through an angel. 1 Kings 19: 4-8
Yet it was the widow God wanted to help. Why?
God is sovereign and can single anyone He chooses. Psalm 115:3, Psalms 24: 7-10, Ephesians 2:4, Romans 9: 15-16
He can also choose whom He will show mercy even before the person is born. Romans 9: 10-13
Although God is sovereign, He is not arbitrary.
Acts 15:18, Genesis 25: 29-34
Some Questions to Consider
- Who will God then choose to show mercy? Matthew 5:7
- Who will God choose for tremendous prosperity? Isaiah 1:19
- Who is going to be singled out for a miracle that is unheard of? Luke 1: 26-28
- Who will God choose for uncommon promotion? Psalm 75: 5-6, 1 Samuel 2: 7-8, 1 Samuel 16: 1-13, Acts 13: 21-22
- Who will God choose to be a blessing to the whole world? Genesis 12: 1-3, Galatians 3: 8-14
The one who is not too clever to surrender to God is the one who can be chosen.
a. Daniel was appointed as president because of an excellent spirit. Daniel 6: 1-3
b. Joshua became Moses’ successor. Numbers 13: 25-33, Joshua 14: 1-10
Are you going to pay the price whatever the cost may be, in order to be chosen by God for extraordinary favour and promotion?
If you’re not born again, you need to surrender to God this moment.
Ask the Lord Jesus Christ to have mercy on you. Ask Him to wash you clean and save your soul.
LORD, let me be the one You will choose. Make me a great vessel of honor and let Your name be glorified through me.