Praise and Worship : Thou art worthy O Lord
To receive glory, honour and praise
For thou art created all things and for thy glory
They are and were created
Bible Text : Hebrews 10:5-7
5. Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not but a body hast thou prepared me
6. In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
7. Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
1. After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter
2. And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
3. And he that sat was to look upon like a Jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
4. And round about the stone were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed with raiment: and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
5. And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven spirits of God.
6. And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beats full of eyes before and behind.
7. And the first beast was like a lion and the second beast like a calf and the third beast had a face as a man and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
8. And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him, and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night saying Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
9. And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
10. The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying
11. Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
Thank You Father for the opportunity to see the second month of the year. Grant us special mercy at Your throne of grace in this month. Let us find help for our time of need. Deliver our nation in Your mercy from the ravages of the Covid-19 pandemic. Please send help to all those in the front line of seeking a cure for the pandemic. Please have mercy on the whole world.
Give us attentive ears to hear Your voice in these perilious times
God sows the seed of purpose into every human heart from the moment of conception. We are born with a sense of purpose in our hearts. A normal human being will always go in search of himself/herself. We want to know who we are. We are not a random collection of cells. Our lives are part of God’s purpose.
We are all created for a purpose. No one came to the earth without a design of God for him/her. Only a very few, however, are aware of this fact and fewer still, being aware, make any serious move to find out and live out that purpose. We are part of a jigsaw puzzle that will not be complete if we don’t play our part. Sometimes some of us are replaced because we did not show up when necessary. May the Lord lead us to realising our purpose in the name of Jesus. May we not be replaced through our carelessness.
Why are we here? Is a message of our purpose on earth at a time like this. Why was I created, what am I created to do?
What we are created to do differ from person to person.
You need to seek God’s guidance to discover your own purpose. It must be a diligent search.
The thing you do or love to do that gives God pleasure-that glorifies His name. Max Lucado, a popular writer calls it your “Sweet Spot”.
For some of us, it is to be a strength to the weak. As we assist them to persevere and endure, God also raises support for us in our time of need. For some it is to give financially.
Our purposes are as different as our number. There are no two of you. You are not the clone of any man or woman. So don’t make yourself a clone. Don’t also allow anybody to turn you into a copy. You are special to God. There is something He has created you to do that no one else can do. You are unique. If you don’t do what you are created to do then you are causing a problem, because you are meant to be the piece in the jigsaw puzzle that will make the picture complete. No matter what you are asked to do in church, you are important to the leadership of the church. Do not decry your posting.
The man preaching may not be more important to God than the man arranging the vehicles at the parking lot.
For example, I spent my first seven years as a worker in RCCG as a teacher of Teenagers. It looked awkward to me initially but I grew to enjoy the assignment and the experience served me well later in other departments in the Adult Church.
Today, some of my students are Church Ministers and Parish Pastors, home and abroad.
Over and above the individual purpose of each of us, there are some other reasons why we are here. These are purposes common to all of us. Let us look at four (4) of the reasons why we are here . These are universal for all children of God. They are purposes over and above our individual uniqueness or talents.
1. We are here to do God’s will. We are created for God’s pleasure. Hebrews 10:5-7. Our uprightness and integrity gives Him pleasure. 1 Chronicles 29:17, Psalms 25:21.
2. We are here to do good works. Eph 2:10: for we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Matthew 5:16: let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
1 Corinthians 3:11-15: for other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ
Proverbs 3:27– withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.
Psalms 119:68-thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statues
3. We are here to glorify God’s name.
Psalms 50:23- whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God
1 Corinthians 10:31– whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God
4. We are here to be fruitful, have dominion and replenish the earth. Genesis 1:28.
As we reflect on our purpose on earth let us also be mindful of eternity. There is a day of accountability for believers.
Just like we have performance reviews in our secular jobs, this is the ultimate performance review-when we stand before God and He evaluates the worth of our lives on the earth, not only for salvation but for reward or loss, (of reward)
The gold, silver and precious stones represent acts of charity and kindness, ethical decision making, pursuit of justice and fair play, keeping our words, courage and perseverance in the face of persecution and opposition, humility, witnessing, honouring our marital vows, diligence in the work God gave us, and generally trusting God.
On the other hand, the wood, hay and straw stand for lies, cheating, abuse or lack of love for family and neighbours, damage to the environment, blocking of ears to the poor and squandering of riches on trivial luxuries.
We are here for a season and then we will depart to eternity of pleasure or pain depending on our choice while we were here. We don’t go to heaven by CHANCE we go by CHOICE.
1. Father I am grateful for my salvation. Help me to remain steadfast to the end.
2. Father, please reveal my purpose to me and let me flourish in my given assignment
3. Father, do not let me displease You in any way
4. Father, please let the totality of my being bring You pleasure
5. Father, please use my talent to draw men and women to Yourself
6. Father please arrange for me to meet my destiny helpers as soon as possible
7. Father please deliver us from the ravaging Covid-19 virus all over the world. Let the plague come to an end soon.
Good morning and may the mercy of God surround us now and forever.