SONG : Mercy says no! CeCe Winans
1. Father thank You for Your mercy towards me.
2. Father, thank You for the salvation of my soul and for bringing me out of the miry clay and for planting my feet upon the rock, Jesus Christ.
3. Father, today and for the rest of my life, please keep me under divine mercy. Let your mercy continue to speak for me and my family. In Jesus Name. Amen
TOPIC: Mercy says
TEXT : 1 Peter 2:9-11
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light;
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
Divine Mercy could be defined as “God’s love reaching down to meet the needs and overcome the miseries of His creatures”. To the Jews who had the original privilege of being the chosen ones, the person of Jesus Christ (the physical embodiment of Divine mercy) was a “rude” interruption to their understanding of what they knew of God. To them, Jehovah and all the accruing benefits of a relationship with Him was theirs and their alone. Jesus however changed this…and the Jews did not like this. Just like an only child would when the coming of a new child is announced after a long time of sole attention, the Jews did not want to share Jesus. For you and me however, 1 Peter 2:10 says that “Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy”. We were “NOT A PEOPLE”. Basically useless in the eyes of God and the Jews. But glory be to God, He has, by divine grace made us “Chosen”, not to be equal with the Jews but to be “Joint heirs with Christ”. God’s mercy says: I have become “Somebody” from a nobody. Today, God will have us explore further the full meaning of our new position by virtue of the grace of God.
The fact that Jesus Christ came as the embodiment of divine mercy (John 3:16) is indisputable. He said in John 10:10b…I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. What does this abundant life mean? Obtaining the divine mercy of God has bought us the following. According to 1 Peter 2:9, you are
1. Chosen – Mercy says you are special. John 15:16 says” ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you…”. Divine grace has pulled you and I out of our various states of reject and made us special. As chosen vessels, we must continue to ask the one who chose us what we were chosen for. Same verse says it is to “shew forth the praises of him. We have been called out of darkness to enjoy and bask in the marvelous light of our Lord. What a privilege! We must not take this new position for granted but continue to make sure we do what we have been chosen to do – show forth God praise in all that we do. Is this what you are focused on?
2. *Royal Priest – Mercy says you are now a Royal Priest. You became a part of God’s kingdom when God poured His mercy upon you. In addition, you also became A Priest. Only a few kings had the privilege to be both king and priest at the same time, and the priesthood was by chance and not appointment. David was one King who was also a priest by calling. No wonder he was called a “man after God’s own heart”. By the mercy of God, you and I have been called into the special office of being priests to the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, Jesus Christ. What a privilege! As a priest to the king, your role is to continually offer sacrifices of praise. Does all you do align with this?
3. Holy – Mercy says you are HOLY. Your holiness is not as a result of personal works but by divine grace. It is divine grace that sent Jesus Christ to die for you and I. His shed blood that cleansed us and continue to cleanse us from all sins is a result of divine mercy. As we continue to show forth His praises, we will continually be sanctified and kept holy by virtue of divine mercy.
4. Peculiar – Mercy says you are peculiar. Peculiar means you are both special to God and those in the household of faith. Being peculiar also means you are strange to the world. Being called out of darkness into God’s Marvellous Light makes you and I strange to the darkness of this world. It is divine mercy that has made you and I the apple of God’s eyes (Zach 2:8). It is divine mercy that has inscribed you and I in the palm of God’s hands (Isaiah 49:16). We are so special that we are “Top Of God’s Mind” continually (Isaiah 49:16). What a privilege! As special people and strange people at same time, we are no longer of the world. We have been called out of the world of darkness by mercy and placed as agents of light. Therefore, we must let our light so shine before men (who are in darkness and need to be shown the way), that they will come to the true light through our light. I pray and believe that your light will continue to shine in all aspects of life in Jesus Name
Conclusion: Brethren, I hope you count yourself privileged to be under divine mercy. You were chosen, made holy, made peculiar to become a royal priest, continually offering sacrifices of praise and showing forth God’s praise. May God continue to keep us under His mercy in Jesus Name.
1. Father, thank You for Your mercy that has chosen me and called me out of darkness. May Your mercy keep me in Your light in Jesus Name
2. Father, as Your royal priest, may I continue to offer daily sacrifices of praise by Your mercy in Jesus Name
3. Father help me by Your mercy to stay holy in words and deed in Jesus Name
4. Father, by Your mercy keep me Peculiar; special to You and strange to the world of darkness in Jesus Name.
Thank You Jesus.
Jesus Loves You.
Father! In The Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ Your Son! We Cover Your Son Pastor E A Adeboye With The Precious Blood Of Jesus! He Shall Finish Strong, To Your Glory Through Christ Jesus Our Lord And Saviour! Amen!
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!
Support Our Ministry
Good Morning Dear!
It Cost A Lot Of Money To Maintain A Website! Nonetheless A Non-Profit Christian Website.
Please If You Have Been Blessed By This Ministry And You Are Led To Support And Bless This Ministry In Return.
Please Make Your Donation To This Account
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah
Account Number: 0139438409
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Nigeria
To Help Us Continue In The Spreading Of The Gospel Of Our Lord Jesus Christ To Every Corner Of This World.
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!
May God We Serve Bless You A Million Times In Return! Amen!
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah