TEXT: Isaiah 61:1-5
Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; Isaiah 61:2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; Isaiah 61:3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified. Isaiah 61:4 And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations. Isaiah 61:5 And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
Thank you LORD, we want to thank you LORD,
We want to thank you LORD, we just want to thank you LORD
We want to thank you LORD, we just want to thank you LORD.
What can we say, unto the Lord
All we have to say is thank you Lord
Thank you Lord/2×
All we have to say is thank you Lord
Hosanah, in the highest
Let my king be lifted high
Holy is the Lord/2×
Besides you Lord, there is no one
Holy is the Lord
Beloved, I welcome you to this day!
We thank God for His faithfulness unto us, our families and our loved ones. His mercy upon us shall not cease in Jesus name.
I pray that God will do new things in your lives in this month of NEW BEGINNING in Jesus name.
The message is titled BEAUTY FOR ASHES.
Ashes are the ruins or remains of a product or person after burning or combustion.
It is a fact of life that once you burn any item, you cannot get that piece of item back unless you get another one entirely.
Beauty, on the other hand is the state of being pleased to behold.
We can learn the following from the title:
1. The process of combustion, which results to ashes, is irreversible.
2. The plan of the devil is to destroy every good plan of work, in you, about you, around you and including you. Not only does he want to destroy it, he wants it to remain like that forever. John 10:10a (the thief comes not, but to steal, kill and destroy).
3. God created you to be beautiful and pleasing unto Him.
Genesis 1:31 ( everything God created, including you, is beautiful).
Psalm 139:14 (you are beautifully and wonderfully made)
Revelations 4:11 ( we were created to give God pleasure)
4. Therefore, anytime He finds the devil destroying His works, beauty upon your life, He restores you to His original plan for your life.
John 10:10b (… but I have come to give them life, life in abundance)
Beauty for ashes means that:
1. God will take you from your ruins and restore you back to His original plan for your life.
The Gadarene madman in Mark 5 was wasting away in the tombs where he was meant to be an Evangelist. Jesus went all the way to restore him.
I pray that God will restore your ruins this day in the mighty name of Jesus.
2. God will undo every work of Satan in your life. For this cause the Son of God was manifested, to destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8
In Matthew 13:25-30, we see that the devil specializes in changing good destinies to bad. God allows the works of the devil to ”mature for some time so that he can suffer a massive fall.
The story of Job is a classic example. In Job 1, the devil struck and turned Job and everything around him to ashes. However, in Job 42, there was a great turnaround for Job. God did not just restore him, he gave him double for his losses. That is why Isaiah 61:7 says that for your shame you will get double (blessings).
I pray that God will reverse every work of the devil in your life and give you double for your shame in the order of Isaiah 61:7 and Job 42:10.
3. If you are the architect of your ruins, knowingly or unknowingly, God is able and willing to restore you.
Isaiah 49:24-25 tells me that God can and will restore any lawful captive who surrenders his/her life to Him.
A good example is Samson, the strong man who became an object of entertainment in the hands of the Philistines. He cried to God and his power was restored. Judges 16:20-30
The prodigal son in Luke 15:11-32 is another example. He went from grace to grass, but God restored him back to grace.
If you are the architect of your ruins, the mercy of God will locate you today. He will turn your ashes to beauty in Jesus name.
As I conclude, I want to assure you that
a) there is no situation that is too late for God to restore. Lazarus had died and buried for 4 days before Jesus arrived. That was not enough to stop Jesus from commanding the grave to release him back to life. John 11:39-42
b) there is no storm that is too much for God to silence. Mark 4:35-41
c) there is no destiny/glory that has been swapped or stolen by the enemy that God cannot restore. 1 Chronicles 4:9-10
d) there is no darkness that the light of God cannot shine through or displace.
Genesis 1:1-3; John. 1:1-5; Isaiah 60:1-3
Don’t listen to the lies of the devil that you cannot make it again. God can and will give you beauty for your ashes in Jesus name.
However, you must remain grafted in Him so that the enemy does not steal your joy.
1. Father, thank you for the gift of a new day, thank you for the salvation of my soul, thank you for giving me beauty for ashes.
2. Father please set me free from every form of captivity in the mighty name of Jesus.
3. Father, please turn my mourning to dancing again. Turn my sorrows to joy in the mighty name of Jesus.
4. Father, please give me beauty for my ashes. Let your glory shine upon me that the world will see and know that you are my God.
5. Father, please let strangers stand and feed my flock, and the sons of alien be my plowman and wine dressers in Jesus name.
6. Father, please give me double for my shame/trouble in the mighty name of Jesus.
7. Personal prayer points
God bless you.
Thank You Jesus.
Jesus Loves You.
Father! In The Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ Your Son! We Cover Your Son Pastor E A Adeboye With The Precious Blood Of Jesus! He Shall Finish Strong, To Your Glory Through Christ Jesus Our Lord And Saviour! Amen!
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!
Support Our Ministry
Good Morning Dear!
It Cost A Lot Of Money To Maintain A Website! Nonetheless A Non-Profit Christian Website.
Please If You Have Been Blessed By This Ministry And You Are Led To Support And Bless This Ministry In Return.
Please Make Your Donation To This Account
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah
Account Number: 0139438409
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Nigeria
To Help Us Continue In The Spreading Of The Gospel Of Our Lord Jesus Christ To Every Corner Of This World.
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!
May God We Serve Bless You A Million Times In Return! Amen!
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah