Worship Song: O God, our help in ages past
Bible Text : Joel 2:25-27
25. And I will restore to you the years that the locusts hath eaten, the cankerworm and the caterpillar and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
26. And ye shall eat in plenty and be satisfied and praise the name of the Lord your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you and my people shall never be ashamed.
27. And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel and that I am the Lord your God and none else and my people shall never be ashamed.
Our theme in CTL for the month of January 2021 is NEW BEGINNING. This is quite appropriate for the start of a new year. It is the time we make our plan for the year.
For those of us who like making yearly resolutions- this is the time we make our Resolutions. “I will not do this and that again from 2021” “I will start doing this and that in 2021”.
The promise of Restoration is for all seasons, but for us Christians even unbelievers all over the world the beginning of the year (and the end of it) are the times God gets our attention. We are usually a bit more reflective at this time. We are generally a little bit more sober after the partying and travelling and boisterousness of the Christmas season and the end of the year
Now that we are in the new year, it is time to claim and receive the promise of Restoration. The word *RESTORE is vital to our Spiritual walk. It refers to more than bringing something back that is missing or has been taken away.
When the Lord speaks of restoration He means bringing back the missing or lost ingredients so that a person can complete and finalise the very things he started out to do in life.
For example, David lost the throne to his son Absalom in 2 Samuel 15-18 but God restored him to the throne. A woman lost one piece out of ten pieces of silver in Luke 15 but searched diligently and found it. A shepherd lost one out of one hundred sheep and looked carefully and the lost sheep was restored. The father of the prodigal son in Luke 15:11-32 got his son back.
These examples are clear and straightforward but what about the case where somebody has been blind from birth like the young man in John 9. This man never “lost” his sight. He never had it.
The Restoration of the Lord, the type we are talking about today includes the restoration of the sight in John 9. It is a restoration because the man’s sight is a missing ingredient in his constitution as a human being.
Our original vision can only be realised when all the spiritual components of our original call are brought back together. That is why restoration is so important to us. All our potentials and hidden virtues and riches have to be brought out (restored) so that we can be that fearfully and wonderful person the Bible referred to in Psalm 139. It is the same for the Church. In order for God’s will to be done on earth as it is in heaven, the end time church of Jesus Christ (such as we are) must have restored to it all the pristine qualities of the first century church.
Sometimes, we believers lose things in the spiritual journey and in the conflict with the powers of darkness. In the book of Joel 2:25, the Lord promises to restore whatever has been consumed or stolen.
The natural world has no such program for rejuvenation, restoration, and renewed vision and strength. It is so absorbed with the aging process that restoration does not fit in with its way of thinking. In these days of disposable items, you are asked to throw them away and pick up a new supply.
In Isaiah 40:30-31 the Bible tells us that those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. This has to do with both physical and spiritual strength. That is why I am praying this day that somebody here will be so re-strengthened that the opposition will be shocked and confounded. That child will make such a turnaround in his/her behaviour that it will be a major testimony in the neighbourhood. That dull and failure prone child will suddenly become a star and excellent student by the reason of divine restoration in Jesus name .
That relationship that is moribund will receive divine restoration in this year in the name of Jesus. God of the new beginning will give us a FRESH start and a wonderful year ahead in the name of Jesus.
1. Let us like Jonah in Jonah 2:1-10 ask for mercy in areas where we have been disobedient in the past year.
2. Let us ask for double for every loss sustained in the previous years. Job got a double from his trouble in Job 42:10.
3. Father according to Your word in Obadiah 17. Let me possess my possession. Let everything stolen from me be returned.
4. Father, please restore my physical soundness. Jeremiah 30:17. Restore health to me, please heal my wounds.
5. Father please restore happiness to me in 2021. Psalm 51:12– Restore the joy of thy salvation and uphold me with thy free spirit.
6. Father, where I have missed the way, please restore my fellowship with the Holy Spirit. Isaiah 58:12 restore my path back to thee.
7. Father please make this year the best for me yet, in Jesus Christ Name, Amen!
God bless you. Good morning
Thank You Jesus.
Jesus Loves You.
Father! In The Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ Your Son! We Cover Your Son Pastor E A Adeboye With The Precious Blood Of Jesus! He Shall Finish Strong, To Your Glory Through Christ Jesus Our Lord And Saviour! Amen!
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!
Support Our Ministry
Good Morning Dear!
It Cost A Lot Of Money To Maintain A Website! Nonetheless A Non-Profit Christian Website.
Please If You Have Been Blessed By This Ministry And You Are Led To Support And Bless This Ministry In Return.
Please Make Your Donation To This Account
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah
Account Number: 0139438409
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Nigeria
To Help Us Continue In The Spreading Of The Gospel Of Our Lord Jesus Christ To Every Corner Of This World.
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!
May God We Serve Bless You A Million Times In Return! Amen!
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah