Text: Psalm 20: 1-9
Father we thank you for the precious gift of life. We thank God for this year and the new beginnings we, our families, businesses, careers, ministries and nation will start experiencing. The writer of our text this morning was picked to be King despite the fact that he was the 8Th born. My prayer is that doors shut against us for years will be opened unto us in the name of Jesus.
Brethren I reiterate the immutable fact in our worship song, No one can stand against God, indeed No one will stand against God. The war time king David had an unwavering confidence in the ability of God to grant him victory over stronger foes, his experience gave us this beautiful and uplifting Psalm that is the subject matter of the brief exhortation this morning.
It will not be out of place to state that mankind is engaged in a war that has altered the way we relate, operate, engage and live. Standing on the Word of God we definitely know that we shall be victorious against Covid 19 and the allied complications it has brought our way.
Some key take aways and we pray.
1. We are to seek God during our trials (Verses 1-3). A trial and a tough time is not the occasion to lose faith and draw away from God. His credentials are impeccable and reassuring so David was right in seeking God;
a. Faithful: a covenant keeping God, Numbers 23:19, Hebrews 10:23
b. Omnipotent: All powerful that is unlimited in capabilities, Jeremiah 32:17.
c. Omnipresent: He is so near us, in us, around us, Psalm 139:7-10.
2. An attitude of gratitude in our victories small and big (Verses 4-5)
a. God is the author of all good things, James 1:17. Let us be careful to acknowledge Him and ascribe all glory to him. David realized that all he was and had were from God. Are you giving God all glory due to Him?
b. David was a man full of gratitude as we see in 2 Samuel 7:18-29.
3. Trust in God alone (Verses 6-7).
a. The equivalent of the chariots and horses David was referring to in this modern age are; our bosses, pastors, children, spouses, godfathers or government. All these can fail and disappoint us, no one knows better than David and his experience with his sons and one of his wives.
b. Jeremiah 17:5 states clearly the repercussions of trusting in the arm of flesh. A curse is their punishment.
4. We rise up and stand firm (Verse 8). No matter where we maybe because of life’s challenges there is assurance that we will arise, shine and have the glory of the Lord rise upon us in Jesus name, Isaiah 60:1.
5. Prayers for our leaders that they succeed (Verse 9). God please give our King victory was the cry of the children of Israel for David. We ought to pray for success for our leaders in various spheres.
1. Father as David enjoyed your mercy and special grace, please let us enjoy same in the name of Jesus.
2. Father please assist us and send help to grant us victory over every issue that is giving us discomfort in Jesus name.
3. Father please accept all we do further the kingdom of heaven here on earth and help us to do more and better in Jesus name.
4. Father please help us to align our heart’s desire with Your will in Jesus name.
5. Father please we commit our spiritual, political and household leaders into Your hand, please steers their hearts away from corruption and self-centeredness and grant them victory in the battle to transform Nigeria positively in Jesus name.
6. Father concerning this war called covid -19, please grant us total and comprehensive victory in Jesus name.
7. God of wonders, please let us look back at this month of August and always regard it as a most wonderful month in Jesus name.
Thank You Jesus.
Jesus Loves You.
Father! In The Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ Your Son! We Cover Your Son Pastor E A Adeboye With The Precious Blood Of Jesus! He Shall Finish Strong, To Your Glory Through Christ Jesus Our Lord And Saviour! Amen!
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!
Support Our Ministry
Good Morning Dear!
It Cost A Lot Of Money To Maintain A Website! Nonetheless A Non-Profit Christian Website.
Please If You Have Been Blessed By This Ministry And You Are Led To Support And Bless This Ministry In Return.
Please Make Your Donation To This Account
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah
Account Number: 0139438409
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Nigeria
To Help Us Continue In The Spreading Of The Gospel Of Our Lord Jesus Christ To Every Corner Of This World.
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!
May God We Serve Bless You A Million Times In Return! Amen!
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah