Song: https://youtu.be/RgcVM5Gb1w4 (All of my help cometh from the Lord)
https://youtu.be/L9ZqNSVu9q0 (Oniduro mi ese o…)
Shall we pray: Awesome God we thank you for your faithfulness, thank you for seeing yet another breaking of the day.
We adore and worship you in your Mightiness for you are great and worthy to be praised.
Daddy thank you for keeping us, protecting us and helping us to stand fully in you. Thank you for the salvation of our souls. Thank you for correcting us this year and putting each and every one of us back on track. Daddy we refuse to be ungrateful as a body – thank you for all our leaders, women and all. Speak your word in a new way to us today and make us to be receptive and learn from you more in Jesus name. Amen.
Text: Psalms 107
Problems, Prayer, Power and Praise!
This morning we shall be looking at the four different groups of challenges described in this book of psalm 107. This great chapter is a call to worship the only solution provider as we go into this great 2021.
First, how God’s love is expressed to us in the context of our troubles in life: This revelation equips us to respond wisely to those troubles rather than simply resenting them or wondering where God is.
Second, how genuine worship is birthed in our hearts: Worship is not just something we pump up through great music. Great music might facilitate the process; but worship is a response that flows out of our experience with God and our understanding of Him as a result of those experiences. So today we will be talking about worship and we will be talking about trouble and what to do about it.
This book of Psalm explains four groups of people experiencing trouble in life and God’s help in time of need.
1. Verses 4-9, “Some wandered in desert wastelands….” Verse 5 “They were hungry and thirsty, and their lives ebbed away.” Anybody here feel your life is ebbing away—you need purpose and direction—you need God to lead you into fulfilment!
2. The Prisoners in verses 10-16 are depressed, living in a state of gloom. Circumstances have closed in on them-financial woes, relationship breakdowns, addictions and other complications. They see no way out—no solution in sight. Verse 11 specifically says they got themselves in the mess “for they had rebelled against the words of God and despised the counsel of the Most High.” Most of my troubles have been self-imposed—the consequences of my own bad choices—following my own desires instead of doing what I knew to do.
3. Verse 17 calls the next group Fools, “Some became fools”(How) through their rebellious ways and suffered affliction because of their iniquities.” Verses 17-22 describes their experience. It’s important to recognize that the troubles are a consequence of their own choices.
4. The Merchants in verses 23-32 are the last group. These people are just busy making a living. They were not doing anything overtly wrong—except that sometimes we get so busy with our natural lives that we forget about the most important thing of all—relationship with God. “Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these other things will be added unto you.”
Look with me at the last verse (43) of this Psalm.
“Whoever is wise, let him heed these things….” WHAT THINGS? There is something in this Psalm that is very important to see and understand. If I’m wise, I will pay close attention to revelation that is here.
1. Chosen Path—each group was following a direction as we have already talked about.
2. Trouble (Problems): Each one of these groups experienced a different kind of trouble-emptiness, bondage, sickness, perilous seas. It came at different shapes and forms but the solution was the same in every case. WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?
3. Desperate Prayer—they Cried Out to the Lord (vs 6, 13, 19, 28).
This is the crucial step for you and I. Verses 6, 13, 19, 28 all say exactly the same thing. “Then They Cried To The Lord In Their Trouble.”
4. Deliverance (Power) “…and He delivered them from their distress.”
In every case God answered their cry. “I will lift up my eyes to the hills — From whence comes my help? (Psalm 121:1-2 NKJV).
The experience leads to the last step
(5) Worship (Praise). Let the redeemed of the Lord say so.
This pulls the whole psalm together. The song is a call to worship based on your experience with God in these matters. (Psalm 107:1-3)
1. Thank God for His mercy that is renewed upon us every morning. Psalm 136:1
2. Let us thank God for the progress made so far this year even in the midst of all difficulties of year 2020.
3. Thank God for preserving our lives. Psalm 23:1-4
4. Cry out to the Lord with whatever you’re going through. Psalm 50:15
5. Thank him for delivering us from all our troubles
6. Commit today into God’s hands and for Him to establish it
7. Begin to worship and thank Him for answering all our prayers this morning.
In Jesus name we have prayed. Amen.
Thank You Jesus.
Jesus Loves You.
Father! In The Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ Your Son! We Cover Your Son Pastor E A Adeboye With The Precious Blood Of Jesus! He Shall Finish Strong, To Your Glory Through Christ Jesus Our Lord And Saviour! Amen!
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!
Support Our Ministry
Good Morning Dear!
It Cost A Lot Of Money To Maintain A Website! Nonetheless A Non-Profit Christian Website.
Please If You Have Been Blessed By This Ministry And You Are Led To Support And Bless This Ministry In Return.
Please Make Your Donation To This Account
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah
Account Number: 0139438409
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Nigeria
To Help Us Continue In The Spreading Of The Gospel Of Our Lord Jesus Christ To Every Corner Of This World.
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!
May God We Serve Bless You A Million Times In Return! Amen!
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah