Be thou exalted O Lord above all heavens [2x]
I say, let thy glory be above all the earth [2x].
Exodus 33:18-19 KJV — And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
Our [CTL] theme for this month is ‘God’s Goodness’. Our Lord’s goodness never stops, as it is in His character. Therefore, His goodness endures forever. Psalm 52:1.
As a prelude to our text for today, Moses got a ‘yes’ answer from God when he asked for God’s presence to remain with Israel on their way to the Promised Land. Exodus 33:12-17.
He went further to ask God to show him His glory as can be seen in our text. This simply means, Moses wasn’t satisfied with God’s presence only! Moses needed a deeper insight and understanding into God’s character or nature.
This prompted God to respond in verse 19 ” …… I will make all my goodness to pass before thee …..” From this, one can safely conclude that the glory of God is the manifestation of His goodness!
HOW MUCH DO YOU THIRST FOR GOD’S PRESENCE AND GLORY?
First of all, is there any difference between His presence and glory? Yes, there is!
In His presence, you are not alone. The Holy Spirit is there to guide you, just as Moses said in Exodus 33:15.
However, His glory is far beyond the presence as this encompasses everything about His goodness. It speaks to the nature of God.
We shall experience the goodness of God now and always, Amen!
WHAT CONSTITUTES GOD’S GOODNESS?
The nature of God constitutes His goodness and we can peep into some of them thus:
1. His Mercy and Compassion: That was what He told Moses in Exodus 33:19 as one aspect of His goodness. Also, Psalm 136:1b affirms it.
2. He is the Righteous Judge: There is only one righteous judge and this was confirmed by Apostle Paul in 2 Timothy 4:8. Therefore, rejoice in His goodness that on that day; men will not judge you. It is the Lord that will judge us.
3. His Names: He has many names such as Jehovah Tsidkenu [our righteousness], Jehovah Jireh [our provider], Jehovah Rapha [our healer], Jehovah Nissi [our banner], Jehovah Shalom [our peace], etc. All these names and even more point to His goodness depending on the circumstance.
4. His Power and Wrath: He is the Almighty God [Genesis 17:1 attests to His power] and in His wrath, can be a consuming fire [Deuteronomy 4:24]. Let’s strive to abide on the ‘right’ side of God, always.
5. The Blood of Jesus: Absolutely nothing that the blood of Jesus cannot do. See Hebrews 12:24 and 1 John 1:7.
1. Psalm 23:6. Father, let your goodness and mercy follow me all the days of my life.
2. Ephesians 5:9. The fruit of the spirit as in Galatians 5:22-23 reflects the nature of God.
Father, help me to imbibe every aspect of these virtues.
3. Psalm 65:11. Father, henceforth; let me continually delight in your goodness even as I experience all round fatness.
4. Numbers 14:28. Father, I have spoken in your ears today and throughout the 30-day fasting and prayers; please answer all my prayers!
Thank You Jesus.
Jesus Loves You.
Father! In The Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ Your Son! We Cover Your Son Pastor E A Adeboye With The Precious Blood Of Jesus! He Shall Finish Strong, To Your Glory Through Christ Jesus Our Lord And Saviour! Amen!
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!
Support Our Ministry
Good Morning Dear!
It Cost A Lot Of Money To Maintain A Website! Nonetheless A Non-Profit Christian Website.
Please If You Have Been Blessed By This Ministry And You Are Led To Support And Bless This Ministry In Return.
Please Make Your Donation To This Account
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah
Account Number: 0139438409
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Nigeria
To Help Us Continue In The Spreading Of The Gospel Of Our Lord Jesus Christ To Every Corner Of This World.
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!
May God We Serve Bless You A Million Times In Return! Amen!
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah