For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Romans 1:21
In the bible text Apostle Paul speaks about how the children of Israel knew God, had experienced Him, tasted what He had in stock but were not thankful. They became vain in their imaginations and, according to the bible, their foolish heart was darkened.
Ingratitude is a symptom of a serious personality disorder, such as social maladjustment. Some people never say thank you, this is a manifestation of social maladjustment. Ingrates are usually very selfish, very uncaring, very insensitive and most of the time very devilish. Ingrates can be very exploitative and manipulative, only concerned with what they can get not what they can give.
Not everyone you do good to will show appreciation. There are people that no matter how much you invest in them, they will never appreciate it. They can be among family, friends or colleagues; no matter what you do to be a blessing to them, they will still disparage you. In Luke 17:11-19, of the 10 lepers whom Jesus healed only one returned to Jesus to show gratitude; he was a Samaritan. As it happened then, it still happens now. Even in the church, despite the number of people God saw through the year, only few came to say THANK YOU!
Why don’t people come back?
1. Discouragement and tribulation: some people tend to enjoy discouragement and tribulations more than freedom and goodness. They have a sense of entitlement and go about with a victim mentality; no matter what you do for them, they are never satisfied. As believers this shouldn’t be our attitude, for example in Daniel 2:23, Daniel was in captivity, yet he took time to thank God.
2. Ignorance of the word of God: ignorance can make you not bother but Paul encourages us in Colossians 4: 2 to continue in prayers, watchfulness and thanksgiving.
3. Taking God for granted: there are things that God has done and is doing that we just take for granted. Who said when we go to sleep we must wake up? Who said everyone who has food can eat? In Luke 10: 17-20, the disciples were joyful that demons submitted to them, but Jesus told them to rather rejoice that their names are written in the book of life.
4. Wrong crowd: Ephesians 5:1-5. This is when you are dwelling in the midst of ingrates, complainers, people who never see anything good. You have to avoid such people otherwise the consciousness of gratitude will not come to you. They will make light your achievement, belittling it; if you are in such a crowd, get out of it now.
5. Short memory: Luke 17: 18. People who are forgetful, they are quick to forget the good that has been shown to them.
What should be our attitude as believers?
• Give thanks to show appreciation for what the Lord has done, see Exodus 15: 1-21; 1 Samuel 2: 1-10; Luke 1: 46-55.
• Rejoice when they are anointed and experience deliverance. Luke 10: 17-21.
• See that thanksgiving is as good as a prayer of faith, Jesus gave thanks to God first before calling forth Lazarus in John 11: 41.
• See thanksgiving as a weapon of warfare, 2 Chronicles 20: 20-27.
• See thanksgiving as an evangelical tool, Psalm 57: 4-11; 2 Samuel 22: 1-2.
• Understand that thanksgiving sustains selflessness and humility, Daniel 2: 23-24; Luke 18: 9-14; 1Timothy 1: 12-13.
We come to His presence with thanksgiving in our hearts, particularly at this time. The healed leper who came back to say thank you was made whole; there is reward in showing gratitude. We are called to show forth the praise of Him who has called us out of darkness into His marvellous light, 1 Peter 2: 9. However, the bible says the sacrifice of a sinner is an abomination to God, Proverbs 15: 8, so if you have not given your life to Christ, the first thing you need to do now is to key into His mercy and repent. Give your life to Christ, start afresh in a grand style and carry the grace, mercy and approval of God in your life.
Jesus Loves You
Thank You Jesus.
Father! In The Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ Your Son! We Cover Your Son Pastor E A Adeboye With The Precious Blood Of Jesus! He Shall Finish Strong, To Your Glory Through Christ Jesus Our Lord And Saviour! Amen!
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!
Support Our Ministry
Good Morning Dear!
It Cost A Lot Of Money To Maintain A Website! Nonetheless A Non-Profit Christian Website.
Please If You Have Been Blessed By This Ministry And You Are Led To Support And Bless This Ministry In Return.
Please Make Your Donation To This Account
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah
Account Number: 0139438409
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Nigeria
To Help Us Continue In The Spreading Of The Gospel Of Our Lord Jesus Christ To Every Corner Of This World.
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!
May God We Serve Bless You A Million Times In Return! Amen!
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah