TEXT: Gen. 37:5-11
Theme For The Holy Ghost Congress is TIME TO FLY
Joseph must be quite an interesting young man, he dreamed first and got hated for it, he dreamed yet another and was envied
What is a Dream?
It is a Vision of the night Job 33:15 basically what you saw while sleeping. Like light breaking in darkness coming towards you, it’s like enjoying the blessing of the future Isa. 28:8 like a hungry or thirsty man eating or drinking. It is a taste of what is coming in the future.
A Dream is Bringing your future close to the present.
A Dream is a Precious gift from God, is the ability to sleep Psa. 127:2 God gives His beloved ones the ability to sleep, we should be grateful to God for this. Why is it?
1. Sleep opens the door to rest Matt. 26: 45
2. Sleep enables you to forget your problems at least for a while e.g. Gen. 28: 10-11 Jacob was running away from Esau, 1 Kings 19:4-8 Elijah was running from Jezebel
3. Far more significant is that it opens the door to dreams Gen. 28:10-12 when Jacob was sleeping he dreamt.
Dreams opens the doors to several things
1. Opens the door to Divine Visitation Gen. 28:12 Jacob in his dream saw a ladder reaching heaven and saw angels coming and going. Many times God wants to visit you, but you are too busy, but when you are asleep
2. Dreams can open the door of conversation with God Gen. 28: 13-15 God began to speak about the promises 2 Chr. 1:6-12 God paid Solomon a visit and a conversation began , they were discussing, when Solomon woke up he realized it was a dream.
3. Dreams open the door to a revelation of the future, things yet to come Num. 12:6 God said when he wants to some prophets He does so thru dreams. In the case of Joseph He saw it in the dream Gen. 41:1-32 the Almighty God revealed to Pharaoh what was going to happen, He gave him two dreams 7 Cows, 7 Sheaves. He just couldn’t forget he woke up terrified. God will reveal something beautiful
4. Dreams can open the door to divine guidance, e.g. Matt. 1:18-21 when Mary was pregnant and Joseph was thinking about putting her away Matt. 2:7-12 when the wise man came to see Jesus after branching at the palace and the king asked them to return, but the Lord told the wise men in the dream not to return. Matt. 2:13-15 after the wise men left God told Joseph to take the child and the mother and run to escape the sword, there could be divine guidance on what to do thru the dreams. At the crossroads the Almighty God can guide you
5. Dreams can lead to divine warnings, when in danger and you don’t know it, God can tell you what to do to get out of a problem e.g. Gen. 20:1-18 a king had taken the wife of Abraham and God visited the man in the dream and told him he was a dead man for taking the wife of a prophet, they conversed in the dream and God instructed him to hand back Sarah to her husband, there was problem in the palace in the interim, immediately God healed the people in the palace. The king got a warning thru a dream. Are you having problems in your home, place of work, etc.?
What about other People Dreaming? Could that affect you? Sure.
1. God can use the dream of another fellow to fulfil your own dreams, e.g. Gen. 41:1-44 this dream led to the promotion of Joseph from prison to the throne. For God to fulfil Joseph’s unbelievable dream, God gave another fellow a dream
2. At times God wants to reward someone who has pleased Him, and He gives a dream to another Dan. 1 Daniel and his friends refused to compromise in Dan. 2 the king dreamt a terrifying dream which he forgot, but God had Daniel and his friends in mind, when brought forward he interpreted the dream and got promoted with his friends.
3. God could use the dream of another person to encourage His servant. God gives you an assignment and you are afraid Judges 7: 7-15 God had given Gideon an assignment that was practically impossible, to use an army of 300 men to confront 300,000 thousand soldiers. God told Gideon to visit the enemy’s camp and he met two soldiers discussing over a dream that gave him the encouragement that he will win.
The Kind of Dreams we have in mind tonight is your own personal dreams. Not just night visions. But dreams about what you want to become in the future. At times it is called day dreaming. Thinking of something so big, which when shared with a colleague you would be told you are day dreaming.
The question then is, why must you dream again?
1. Well maybe because your first dream did not materialize, you dreamt and it failed. Dream again Gen. 29: 15-25, Jacob offered to serve 7 years for Rachel, but was given Leah, Laban asked him to serve again, he dreamt again.
Acts 1:1-8 the disciples of Jesus had a dream that one day Jesus will rule in Israel, but when Jesus died their dreams collapsed. But when He was ascending they asked if He will return power to Israel, but Jesus said they will get power from the Holy Ghost
2. It is possible not just one dream, but dream upon dream Mk. 5: 24-34 the woman with the issue of blood had dreams each time she met a physician that she will get better, but she rather grew worse, then she heard about someone who will heal her without taking money, this time it was fulfilled.
Jn. 5:2-9 the man has been at the Pool of Bethesda for 38 years, each year he dreamt it will be his turn. Finally, the Creator of angels came. We are in November dream again.
3. Maybe you dreamt and the dream came to pass, but now you are in a crisis dream again 2 Sam. 19 David had dreamt he would be king over Israel but now there was a revolt and absalom drove him away and was dead, he sent emissaries to his brethren that he was still alive. Now you are facing unimaginable crisis dream again, all you lost will be restored
4. Maybe you dreamt, succeeded and all is moving well, but you want to go higher from hilltop to mountain top, dream again. Elisha came in late 1 Kings 19: 19-21, but became the favourite 2 Kings 2:1-7 then he dreamt another dream, I want to become the father of the prophets, I want to be greater than my father 2 Kings 2:9-15 even his father Elijah said it was a hard thing that Elisha was asking for, just like Joseph’s father felt about his second dream.
Why must You Dream Again?
1. No matter how great you are today, you can be greater. It doesn’t matter how ridiculous your dreams may seem God will fulfil yours.
2. When you share your dreams, the way we will know it has the backing of God is that those who hear will laugh Gen. 37:5-11.
Eccl. 7:8 better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof.
Prov. 4:18 the path of the just is like a shining light
Jn. 2:1-11 the biggest lesson is that God reserves the best till the last. No matter how successful you are Dream Again because your best is yet to come.
3. Dream a dream so big, that it is only your children that will see its fulfilment e.g. Gen. 15:12-16 there was a dream that Abraham had that one day, that his children will be as the stars of heaven Exo. 12:37-40 when leaving Egypt they had over 600,000 men without counting women and children. Gal. 3:9 every Christian is a seed of Abraham.
Martin Luther King had a dream that the blacks in USA will become special he didn’t live to see the first black president
Dream a dream so big so that even if it doesn’t come to fulfilment in your own time your children will see it happen. Jer. 29:11 dream big
Tonight when you go to God in prayers don’t ask for small things, dream big
Prov. 10:28 the dream of the righteous will end in glory, joy, gladness. Until you surrender to the One Who fulfils dreams your dreams will perish, but if you do, it will end in gladness.
- Thank the Almighty God for dreams in the past, those fulfilled, those not fulfilled
- Father, let all my dreams come to pass, those that can’t in my time let it come to pass in my children time make them far far greater than myself
- Present your dreams to God
1. You will not die in prison
2. Someone deep in problems, the clouds will clear away before the end of the year
3. The door is already swinging in your favour
4.,Ask again, and the NO will become YES
5. I will separate you from those planning to kill your dreams
6. I will send people to you who will help you fulfil your dreams
7. There is someone who for quite a while saying God speak to me too, God said your tomorrow will be alright
8. God says there is a well of blessings, the well is inexhaustible and it is meant for you, very soon, I will open your eyes to see the well.
Congress MONDAY to Thursday will be virtual, on Friday; we will all gather at the Camp, there will be a Holy Ghost Service, Anointing Service and a Holy Communion Service
See you on the second Friday of December, from December 7th to 12th
Ask God to give you dreams so big (Himself), that when they come to pass, the whole world will know that you are serving the Almighty God.
Jesus Loves You
Thank You Jesus.
Father! In The Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ Your Son! We Cover Your Son Pastor E A Adeboye With The Precious Blood Of Jesus! He Shall Finish Strong, To Your Glory Through Christ Jesus Our Lord And Saviour! Amen!
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!
Support Our Ministry
Good Morning Dear!
It Cost A Lot Of Money To Maintain A Website! Nonetheless A Non-Profit Christian Website.
Please If You Have Been Blessed By This Ministry And You Are Led To Support And Bless This Ministry In Return.
Please Make Your Donation To This Account
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah
Account Number: 0139438409
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc Nigeria
To Help Us Continue In The Spreading Of The Gospel Of Our Lord Jesus Christ To Every Corner Of This World.
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!
May God We Serve Bless You A Million Times In Return! Amen!
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah