Let us pray
Heavenly Father we appreciate you for Your loving kindness toward us and every members of our family. Thank you for the gift of life. Thank You for showing us Your mercy and sparing our lives.
We pray in any area we have sinned against You, please forgive us in Jesus Name. As we examine Your Word this morning, please both the speaker and hearers, let Your Word bless our lives and at the end, don’t let us miss Your daily presence even as we journey in this new week in Jesus Name.
Bible Text: James 3:17
17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy.
Characteristics Of Godly Wisdom
Wisdom is an element of personal character that enables one to distinguish the wise from unwise. The question that should be lingering in our mind should be Who is this Wisdom? very simple and straight forward, the Wisdom of God is the Holy Spirit (Jesus said in John 14:26 – that the Comforter whom the Father will send, will teach us all things).
Whenever we claim to have God’s wisdom or we exhibit it, we should try to examine it if it has the nature of God in the following characteristics below.
1. Pure: Pureness is one of the true characteristic of Godly wisdom is that, it is pure in nature. It does not get involved in those things that can tarnish the reputation of the truth. Whatever comes from God surely must be clean in nature. This simply means that anytime we claim we implore wisdom in an issue or situation, we must ask ourselves if the process is pure.
2. Peaceable: this simply means inclined to avoid conflict or dissent. Godly wisdom will never cause any strive or discord when it is implement in any situation. The question now is, in that situation where we claim we used Godly wisdom, are we sure it doesn’t cause any division, even though when we seems to have escape? It is my prayer that the Good Lord will help us all in Jesus Name.
3. Gentle: according to the dictionary meaning, gentleness means
having or showing a mild, kind, or tender temperament or character. This shows us that Godly wisdom exhibit the ability to be considerate. Wherefore brethren, whenever we implore Godly wisdom, we should access it, if it is gentle in nature because Holy Spirit is gentle as described and explained in the Scriptures.
4. Reasonable: I discovered something that many of us claiming to have implore wisdom in a particular situation will understand that we were not reasonably at all. Godly wisdom will exhibit true consideration/reasonable nature when relating with others.
5. Full of Mercy: Godly wisdom is full of mercy. It doesn’t put others into trouble at the expense of our own safety alone. David had many opportunities to kill King Soul, but the wisdom God gave him to escape every evil plots kf King Saul which he knew, yet he never attempted it to raise his sword to kill him.
6. Without hypocrisy: Beloved Godly wisdom is straightforward in his dealings. It is devoid of hypocracy or eyes-service.
In conclusion, Brethren let us always commit our plans and action into the hand of God seeking for His intervention. His ways might not be pleasing to us but it is far better than our Smartness we refer to as wisdom. May the Good Lord open our eyes to the understanding of His Word in Jesus Name.
1. Let us thank God for everything.
2. Let us ask for mercy
3. Let us pray that God will give us grace to truly exhibit the nature of God wherever we find ourselves.
4. Let us pray that our flesh will not hinder us and anywhere we are experiencing this in our lives, God should please deliver us.
5. Let us pray for Leaders /Head (e. g Fathers, Pastors, Presidents, Governor, CEOs etc) that God will help them in there leadership assignments
6. Personal prayer
Thank You For Studying And Sharing With Other People. God Bless You
Jesus Loves You
Thank You Jesus.
Father! In The Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ Your Son! We Cover Your Son Pastor E A Adeboye With The Precious Blood Of Jesus! He Shall Finish Strong, To Your Glory Through Christ Jesus Our Lord And Saviour! Amen!
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!
Support Our Ministry
Good Morning Dear!
It Cost A Lot Of Money To Maintain A Website! Nonetheless A Non-Profit Christian Website.
Please If You Have Been Blessed By This Ministry And You Are Led To Support And Bless This Ministry In Return.
Please Make Your Donation To This Account
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah
Account Number: 0139438409
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
To Help Us Continue In The Spreading Of The Gospel Of Our Lord Jesus Christ To Every Corner Of This World.
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!
May God We Serve Bless You A Million Times In Return! Amen!
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah