1 Chronicles 4:9 -10
There was a man named Jabez who was more honorable than any of his brothers. His mother named him Jabez because his birth had been so painful.
He was the one who prayed to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain!” And God granted him his request.
- The story of Jabez was bad in the beginning. He started suffering for no just cause, just like many are suffering today.
- He grew up to fear and honour God yet his situation did not change. This means he was not the one responsible for what was happening in his life.
- Hear me; even if you are responsible for your problem today God will rewrite your story in Jesus’ name.
- He was managing the situation until it became unbearable for him.
As long as you are comfortable with your problem God will be looking at you. The way you live your life is your choice. If you don’t call on God to step into the matter, He won’t come. It is those who ask for help that will receive it.
- God said: Even though your begining is small, your later days shall be great. Job 8:7.
- It is not a matter of what anyone has done against you before you know Christ but a matter of what Jesus is able to make you become.
- If you can pray like Jabez, you will never know any limit.
- If you can pray well, your foundation will receive divine shakings and corrections.
- Jabez’s prayer to God for a change was very simple but fervent. He told God to bless him and expand his territory.
- Number two: he told God to be with him in all that he would do.
- He also told God to keep him from trouble and pain.
- The Bible says and God granted him his petition.
- When you know your stand before God, you will know how to present your case before Him
- Because this man was found faithful and honorable before God, there was no reason to keep him waiting in the court of heaven .
- Set your life in order and your prayers shall be answered in Jesus’ name.
- Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego had no time to pray long prayers. They spoke out in faith because they knew their stand with God. God answered them without delay .
- In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth no more delay to the answer of your prayers henceforth.
- The same God that turned the story of Jabez to glory is waiting to hear from you this morning. Please open your mouth and ask God to address situations in your favour in Jesus’ name.
- Pray to God to move you from glory to glory in Jesus’ name.
- Receive power to pray through today in Jesus’ name .