Then the man said, “Let me go, for the dawn is breaking!” But Jacob said, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”
“What is your name?” the man asked. He replied, “Jacob.”
“Your name will no longer be Jacob,” the man told him. “From now on you will be called Israel, because you have fought with God and with men and have won.”
- Jacob faced a lot of troubles as he was growing. His life was like many of us when we were in the world; full of deceit and hypocrisy . – The name his parents gave him affected him. Bible scholars told us that name Jacob meant supplanter and from the history of his life, he lived according to that name.
- He deceived his own blood brother to take his birth right. Went further to deceive his own father to collect the blessing that was meant for the first born .
- I pray for you today, anything in your life that won’t allow your life to be straight forward may the Lord uproot it today in Jesus name.
- Hear me; you don’t need to lie to get anything done in life. All you need is to pray to God.
- As long as you have mouth to call on God nothing will stop your breakthrough in life.
- Jacob did wrong and ran away from Esau his brother but he forgot that he couldn’t run from the evil seed that he sowed.
- Laban his father in-law dealt terribly with him, he disappointed him on the day of his wedding in that he gave him a different person as his bride on the wedding day .
- How many men can stand such a disappointment!
He who does not want disappointment to overtake him need to pray.
- He laboured for the woman he loved for 14 years.
- The first 7years earned him Leah which he never for once approached not to talk of getting married to her.
- You must pray very well for the enemy not to subvert your vision and dreams in life. If you don’t want the devil to give you canterfeit as the original, you must be a prayer champion.
- Jacob started suffering and smiling because he was harvesting the fruit of his actions.
- I pray for you today, in the name of Jesus you will not suffer.
- If you read Genesis 31:7 Jacob said, Laban cheated him ten times by changing his wages.
- Imagine yourself working for somebody and he reviewed your wages downward on ten different occasions.
- Please pray against every power of slavery in the name of Jesus.
This nonsense continued until God told Jacob to return home. After leaving Laban, Esau heard about it and came out fully with his men to kill Jacob, but before they met, Jacob had turned to Israel on the altar of prayer.
- If you have any problem challenging your faith, go to God in prayer. Go deep into the foundation of your battle. Start with genuine repentance and ask God for forgiveness. It is Forgiveness that leads to restoration. When Jacob went to God, his story changed; from that point he did not live fraudulent life again.
- Ask God to give you a touch that will cause radical and fundamental change in your life and destiny.
- Tell God to go into your source and heal your destiny totally in Jesus name.
- Reinforce your foundation today with fire prayers. Send the fire of God to the root of your life to receive strength in the name of Jesus.
- This is the key to the deliverance of Jabez. We shall talk more about that tomorrow.
- For today; ask God to rewrite the story of your life for the better in Jesus’ name.
- No one will sit on your destiny as the Lord lives. Your story will change for the better in Jesus’ name.