Text: Jonah 3:1-4
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases.
His mercies never have come to an end;
They are new every morning,
New every morning:
Great is thy faithfulness, O Lord,
Great is thy faithfulness!
Father we exalt your Holy and Mighty name, you are worthy to be praised and adored. You are unlimited in power, might, love, compassion. We thank you for giving us yet another chance to see the breaking of dawn; many did not have this chance and have passed on in the course of the night.
Brethren we must consider every passing moment of our lives as a second chance that has been given to us by God Almighty. It is not something that we should ever take for granted. We are also enjoined never to waste this second chance as many others would have given anything to have this privilege.
I don’t know about you, but I have had superiors in the work place give me a second chance when I had thought it was all over. Have you ever been the beneficiary of a second chance from others? So, if human beings can give us another chance, how much more our compassionate Father in heaven. This morning I want you to be rest assured that you are next in line for another chance from God in that area of your life that you have been shedding tears in secret in Jesus name.
He has assured us: that his steadfast love for us never ceases and His mercies never come to an end (Lam 3:22 ESV), that if we confess our sins He is faithful to forgive us (1 John 1:9), that he is willing to carry those burdens that hold us down (Psa 55:22) and so many other promises in the scriptures.
I love the fact that God does not show favouritism as clearly stated Deut 10:17, Rom 2:11 and Eph 6:9. So if God can give the following bible characters a second chance then we are rest assured of having ours:
1. Jonah: Jonah 3:1-4. He deliberately in disobedience moved out of the will of God like some of us do. A storm was triggered to bring him into getting his second chance. This second change averted the destruction of the city of Nineveh.
2. David: This man was a wife snatcher and husband murderer. God in giving him a second chance, allowed him marry Bathsheba, gave him Solomon as a child and helped him retain his kingship 2 Sam 12:24-25.
3. Samson: A man who blew many chances in holding back his secrets from Delilah as well as following what is expected of a Nazarene. In Judges 16:20 he was given a second chance and he wrecked more havoc on the Philistines than he ever had in the past.
4. Prodigal Son: this is the baba of second chances. After frittering away his inheritance, he was welcome back with open arms and wild jubilation Luke 15:22-24.
5. Woman caught up in adultery: this woman was to be programmed for death by stoning. Instead of being stoned her accusers disappeared one by one and Jesus set her free for a life without condemnation John 8:10-11.
As God gives us a second chance, as imitators of Jesus we are also meant to take a cue and give others a second chance by forgiving them, encouraging and helping them like we learnt yesterday, Matt 6:15, Eph 4:32, Col 3:13. A caveat, giving others a second chance does not mean we should expose ourselves to further harm or hurt.
Also, important to note that there are instances in which people might not have more chances as shown in Matt 18:17, Rom 1:28. We are also aware that after death, there is no second chance Heb 9:27.
1. Father we thank You for not giving up on us. We are grateful for Your mercies that endureth forever.
2. Father please pick us up from where we have fallen and restore us by Your grace in Jesus name.
3. Father please give us another chance to be better: spouses, parents, children to our parents, neighbours and stewards in Your house in Jesus name.
4. We step into our new season of greater glory and power, it is indeed our turn and our time in Jesus name.
5. Father as you released Jonah from the belly of the fish, please release us from the captivity of financial, emotional, health and spiritual challenges in Jesus name.
6. We declare that our light is come and our time has collided with Your chance in Jesus name.
Thank You For Studying And Sharing With Other People. God Bless You
Support Our Ministry. It cost a lot of money to maintain a website! Nonetheless a non-profit Christian website. Please if you have been blessed by this ministry and you are led to support and bless this ministry in return. Please make your donation to this account, To help us continue in the spreading of The GOSPEL OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST to every corner of this world.
God Loves You
Thank You Jesus.
Father! In The Mighty Name Of Jesus Christ Your Son! We Cover Your Son Pastor E A Adeboye With The Precious Blood Of Jesus! He Shall Finish Strong, To Your Glory Through Christ Jesus Our Lord And Saviour! Amen!
May God Bless Israel, Nigeria, And America And Take Care Of Us; May God Make His Face Shine Upon Us, And Be Gracious To Us; May The Lord Lift Up His Countenance Upon Us, And Give Us Peace, In Jesus Christ Name, We Pray! Amen!
May The Grace The Lord Jesus Christ, And The Love Of God, And The Fellowship Of The Holy Spirit Be With You All. Amen!
Support Our Ministry
Good Morning Dear!
It Cost A Lot Of Money To Maintain A Website! Nonetheless A Non-Profit Christian Website.
Please If You Have Been Blessed By This Ministry And You Are Led To Support And Bless This Ministry In Return.
Please Make Your Donation To This Account
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah
Account Number: 0139438409
Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
To Help Us Continue In The Spreading Of The Gospel Of Our Lord Jesus Christ To Every Corner Of This World.
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!
May God We Serve Bless You A Million Times In Return! Amen!
Ogwo Chukwuemeka Obiorah