THIS TIME TOMORROW”
Text: 2 Kings 7:1
“Then Elisha said: Hear ye the word of the Lord; Thus saith the Lord, tomorrow about this time, shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria.”
I can see everything turning around,
Everything turning around,
Everything turning around,
For my sake.
In times of crisis, God visits His People with unexpected miracles, turning things around for their sake. Looking carefully at the biblical trajectory of the Israelites, we will see that the great miracles that God did for them were mostly in times of trouble. For example, the parting of the Red Sea, Exodus 14:21; the raining down of manna from heaven, exodus 16:13-15; water from the stone, Exodus 17:6; Numbers 20:11; the standing still of the sun and moon, Joshua 10:13; parting of Jordan, 2 Sam 17:15-22; , the fall of the wall of Jericho, Joshua 6; David killing Goliath, 1 Samuel 17; the widow of Zarephath, 1 Kings 17; just to mention but a few. This gives us an assurance that the crisis in the world today is an opportunity for God’s children in our own generation to experience miracles, signs and wonders too.
THE MIRACLE OF SAMARIA (2 Kings 7:1-20)
In Samaria, there was a total lockdown as a result of enemy siege resulting into severe famine. The situation became so bad that women were reaching alliances to eat their children in turns! In the midst of the disaster, God spoke through Prophet Elisha, that the situation would change within twenty-four hours. The prophesy was fulfilled, with God completely turning things around for His people the very next day. Lack turned to abundance, and sorrow turned to joy. The God of Elisha is still our God today! Therefore, we too can be confident that He will turn the present situation around for our good, in Jesus name. Whatever adversity that we face, individually or collectively, including the pandemic and its negative economic impacts shall be turned round for our good, in Jesus name, Romans 8:28.
How did it happen?
1. God put fear into the Syrian Army and they ran away leaving all their food and valuables behind.
2. God used an unlikely source-four lepers ostracized outside the city to deliver the people in the city from their trouble.
3. God based the enjoyment of the turnaround on Faith. The King’s Official who doubted the Word of God through His Prophet, did not partake of the turn-around. Only those who believed, did.
4. The lepers were forgiving of those who ostracized them, sharing the booty with them.
5. It was purely an act of divine mercy.
LESSONS AND RELEVANCE TO US:
1. If God can turn around a situation as bad as that of Samaria, He will surely turn around our present situation too, despite negative expert forecasts and doomsday predictions, provided we believe. Mark 9:23.
2. If He could use despised beggars, then God can use the most unlikely person(s) to give us a turnaround.
3. It is not a time to rely entirely on our own strength, but on God’s assistance. Psalms 20:7; Prov 3:5
4. When our turnaround comes, we must be kind and merciful even unto those who have despised us. God abhors vindictiveness.
It is in difficult times that our faith is tried. As we step out from the lockdown into a yet fearful world, we must differentiate ourselves from the world by our faith. It is the courageous faith that we display that will quicken our turnaround and also draw men unto Christ through us.
1. Thank God for helping you and your family to survive till now despite the situation in the world at this time.
2. Confess your sins to God, and ask for forgiveness and mercy.
3. Pray that throughout this month, neither you nor anyone in your household or your church, shall suffer any affliction whatsoever, and that God will continue to envelope you in His grace and mercy.
4. Pray that God shall give the world a cure for covid-19 this month and that sudden end shall come to the pandemic.
5. Prophecy unto yourself and family, that throughout this month, and beyond, situations and circumstances shall work in your favor; that God shall turn things around for your sake; and that while others are saying there is a casting down, you shall continually say that there is a lifting up.
6. Declare prophetically that henceforth Nigeria shall witness a positive turnaround in all spheres and that the enemies of Nigeria shall be put to shame.
7. Thank God in advance for the testimonies that will come your way this month.
Stand continually upon the word of God in Isaiah 8:18-
“Behold, I and the children whom the Lord hath given me, are for signs and wonders…”
Pastor Abiodun Akinyemi