1 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? 2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. 3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. 4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. 5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? 6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. 7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. 9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. 12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another? 13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: 14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. 15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. 16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil. 17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
May God bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May God make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- James 2. Faith without works is dead. Warning against prejudice. God. Faith and works. Warning against having favorities. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Hebrews 11. Faith. The great faith of God’s people. The Honour roll of God’s faithful. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- James 1. Faith and wisdom. Faith works in trial. God. Poor people and rich people. Trial and temptations. Hearing and obeying. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Ecclesiastes 8. Obey authorities for God’s sake. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 22. The value of a good name. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Proverbs 2. The value of wisdom. The rewards of wisdom. Wisdom and bad friends. Wisdom and sexual purity. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Hebrews 12. God our Father. Renew your spiritual life. God. Warning against turning from God. A large crowd of witnesses. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Song of Solomon 8. Lovers reunited at their country home. Love renewed in Lebanon. God. If only you and I. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Job 35. Elihu condemns self-righteousness. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Ecclesiastes 5. Do not make rash promises. Fear God and keep your word. God. (bummyla.wordpress.com)