Bible Text: Matthew 3:11 “I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:”
Jesus is the one who baptises us with the Holy Ghost and fire. In Colossians 1:27, bible says ‘Christ in you, the hope of glory’. You see, the most important things in the world are the things which cannot be seen. For example the heart, liver, blood cannot be seen but they are extremely important in the human body. The things inside of us are very important; the internal things control the external.
Faith for example is an internal thing, you cannot wear it like a dress yet according Mark 11:22-23 bible says faith can move mountains.
Love is also an internal thing; you cannot write on your forehead ‘I have love’ yet songs of Solomon 8:6 says love is strong as death
In John 6:54-56, Jesus says if you eat his flesh and drink his blood then He’ll dwell in you. When we come to the Holy Communion table and take the bread (which represents His body) and wine (which represents His blood), we are putting inside us symbolic element of the body and blood of Jesus Christ. Taking the Holy Communion gives us an assurance that our life will be glorious because the bible says Christ in you is the hope of glory.
RCCG 61st Annual Convention 2013 When you eat the bread and take the wine, you are saying to anything that causes shame in your life to get out because shame is the opposite of glory. As you partake in the Holy Communion, every sickness or demon hiding in your body will vanish in Jesus name. Amen.
What is it about being baptised in the Holy Ghost and fire? When Jesus baptises you with the Holy Ghost and fire, tremendous power is released into you.
Acts 1:8 says “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”
God expects you to leave this convention unable to keep your mouth shut, telling people how powerful Jesus is. God expects you to be His witnesses and that is why He’s willing to give you power.
According to Acts 2:1-4, when the fire of God falls upon you, you receive utterance to speak in tongues. For those of you who have never spoken in tongues before, tonight after taking the Holy Communion, God will surprise you. Amen!
What happens to you when the fire falls depends on you? When the fire falls it either fills or consumes you. In Judges 15:14-16, when the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon Samson, the cords that was binding him loosed. When the fire of God descends on you, every yoke binding you will be destroyed by fire in Jesus name. Amen.
However in 2 Kings chapter 1, when the fire of God of God came down, it consumed all Elijah’s enemies. If you are not of God and the fire falls, there will be nothing left of you other than ashes! So if you are still yet to give your life to Jesus, please do so now!
The bible says the life of an animal is in its blood (Lev17:11), this means the very life of God is in the blood of Jesus. Taking the Holy Communion also fills you with the life of God (John 6:53)
1. Thank God for the body and blood of Jesus Christ.
2. Father, let anything in my life that can cause shame go tonight.
3. Father let your fire consume anything in my life that will make my enemies say “where is your God?”
May God bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May God make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
May the grace the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen!
- Prayer Points from Day 4 of RCCG Convention 2013: Theme: Jesus by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Points from Day 2 of RCCG Convention 2013: Theme: Jesus by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- RCCG 61st Annual Convention Day 6 HOLY COMMUNION SERVICE Message Title: The baptiser Preacher: Pastor EA Adeboye (babatundekehinde.wordpress.com)
- RCCG 61st Annual Convention 2013 (Day 6): Topic: THE BAPTISER by Pastor E.A. Adeboye ” HOLY COMMUNION SERVICE (bobbyedegbo.wordpress.com)
- Sermon and prayer points by Pastor E. A Adeboye. RCCG Convention 2013: Theme: JESUS. By Pastor E. A. Adeboye. (Day 2). (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 61st RCCG. 2013 Annual Convention. Theme: JESUS. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sermon and prayer points The Great Sanctifier by Pastor E.A. Adeboye. RCCG 61st Annual Convention 2013 (Day 3). Theme: JESUS. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- RCCG July 2013 Holy Ghost Service. Friday, 5th July: Theme: The wonders of Divine Blessings. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sermon and prayer points. The Lord of Host by Pastor E.A. Adeboye. RCCG 61st Annual Convention 2013 (Day 4). Theme: JESUS (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer Points by Pastor E A Adeboye. July 2013 RCCG Holy Ghost Service. The Wonders of Divine Blessings. (bummyla.wordpress.com)