Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful desires will harvest the consequences of decay and death. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit.
Sin‘s Natural Consequences
I am reminded of a friend who was one of the most remarkable preachers I have known. He was a pastor of a thriving church. Then one day, a prostitute came to his office seeking his counsel. He felt sorry for her and asked his wife if this prostitute could live in their home so they could rehabilitate her.
After living with them for three weeks, the prostitute told his wife that she wanted her husband. The wife just laughed in disbelief. They had a happy home and several children. He was one of the pillars in the Christian community. Yet to everyone’s shock, he eventually left his family to live with this prostitute.
Many people from the Christian community pleaded with him to repent from his sin, but he persisted. He had several illegitimate children. In time, the prostitute deserted him for another man.
Finally, this former pastor did come back to the Lord, but he had been brought so low that despite his giftedness he could not hold a job. Finally, he went to his grave prematurely – a broken man.
We cannot thumb our noses at God’s righteous principles and not expect to experience the just consequences of our actions. I live daily in reverential fear of God because when we disobey Him, we open the door to greater temptations. Sin grows until it totally engulfs us in destruction.1
Is there a “secret sin” in your life taking you down the wrong road? Do not deceive yourself into thinking that there will not be consequences. Turn around today while you still can! Change your behavior by shifting your focus from your sin to God Himself.
Galatians 6:7-8; Jude 22-23
Because God is just,
He will always treat me fairly.
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
May the grace the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen!
- May 20: Are You Bearing Spiritual Fruit? (evcthoughtoftheday.com)
- ‘You reap what you sow’ is about us, not them (markkelly.wordpress.com)
- Galatians 5:16-26 (vesselsofclay.org)
- Galatians 6 (vesselsofclay.org)
- A Leading Legacy (wordscroll.org)
- Intentional Discipleship: Preparing Our Heart with Psalm 51 (calltoprayerministriesblog.org)
- When Godly men fail! (kswptim.wordpress.com)
- Glorious Living w/ Coach Megan: Finding Forgiveness and Freedom from Guilt (girlfriendscoffeehour.com)
- Redemptive Suffering: “Offering it Up” (facebookapostles.org)
- Love – an Orthodox Christian Perspective (modeoflife.org)