Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve…. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
Joshua had just led God’s chosen people on a conquest of the Promised Land. They fought incredible battles and had unbelievable success with the help of God. So now the battles moved to securing what God had already given them.
That experience could describe the lives of many Christ-followers. The initial fight for their soul has already been won by God. But the battle turns to securing the abundant life that Christ promised. It is tempting to feel safe and secure in what God has done in our lives and to forget that we must continue to fight to gain the life he wants for us.
Joshua knew about that temptation to want to relax our stand for God. And he warned Israel to stay focused. Joshua presented Israel with a bold choice. And it’s a choice we are asked to make every day: choose God or choose other gods.
The choice we make is played out in the hundreds of decisions we make on a daily basis. Those decisions determine the destiny of our stated priorities. And they ultimately determine which direction our lives will go. The choice is yours: whom will you serve?
Lord, Today I choose to serve You. There are times when I lose focus, but in those times, I pray that You will remind me of the promise that I made to You, and of the promises that You have already fulfilled for me. In Jesus Christ Name I pray, Amen.
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
May the grace the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen!
- What should we learn from the life of Joshua? (altruistico.wordpress.com)
- Aquinas Catena Aurea on Luke 9:18-27 (stjoeofoblog.wordpress.com)
- Straddling the Fence (live-your-best-life.me)
- King Manasseh of Judah (KJV). 2 Chronicles 33. (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- How to Fight Discouragement (not-alone.org)
- LORD spake face to face (motherlandhomewaresblog.com)
- God’s Law and Promise (focusedandfree.com)
- Lord’s Day 25: Holy Signs and Seals (urcpsalmody.wordpress.com)
- Fear the Lord, But Don’t Be Afraid! (work4christ.wordpress.com)
- Adonai! (breadforthebride.wordpress.com)