Children take part in an educational game teaching them about the risks and causes of HIV. There are 15,000 children under the age of 15 living with HIV and AIDS in Swaziland. In many cases, these children have acquired the virus through mother-to-child transmission. However, sexual abuse is another causal factor. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Sexual Safety Tips
Children Series Part 9[8+]
You must have learnt some safety tips from your parents, school, church or adults such as safety tips on swimming, fire outbreak, wearing your seat belts, obeying the road signs, choosing the road etc.
Let me share with you some simple tips that can keep you safe from sexual abuse and predators.
- Your body belongs to you; no one has a right to touch you, if you don’t want them to.
- No one is allowed to touch your private parts except the doctor (your parents or guardians must be there)
- You do not have the right to touch other children or adults private parts.
- Do not keep secrets about touching.
- Tell a trusted adult if any touch makes you feel funny or uncomfortable.
- If anyone gives you any gifts of does any favour to you, let your parents know about it.
- You do not have to seat on an adult’s lap – male or female.
- You do not have to hug an adult – male or female, if you do not feel like it.
- Make sure your private parts are well covered and not exposed.
- Do not take off your clothes for an adult; neither should an adult take off your clothes.
- If an adult or anyone asks you to play “Touch Me” or “Let’s play Doctor” game with you, tell the adult, “I don’t like such games”.
- It is not right for grown-ups to expose their private body partes to you.
- It is wrong for someone to take your picture without clothes on.
- Avoid staying alone with an adult or teenager when you are not sure about the person.
- Do not visit pornographic websites on the internet.
- You have a right to say “NO!” and TELL even when the sexual abuser is somebody you like or live with.
- Though you may find it difficult to tell, TELL or the abuse will get worse.
- You will feel better when you TELL.
- Do not keep a promise that makes you feel bad inside.
- Keep away from watching movies, musical videos or picture involving sexual acts or activities.
- It is inappropriate for children to watch X-rated films.
- Keep away from an adult that speaks fouls languages. Tell him/her to stop!
May GOD bless Nigeria, America and Israel and take care of us; May GOD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the LORD lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Keeping Your Body Safe From Sexual Abuse (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- What Is Child Sexual Abuse? Lola’s Story (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Has Someone Sexually Abused You? Get Help Now! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Can You Keep A Secret? Child Sexual Abuse! (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Child Sexual Abuse (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Places where child sexual abuse can take place (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Child Sexual Abusers! Joel’s Story (Children Series Part 2 [8+] ) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- protecting our children from sexual abuse (morvensblog.wordpress.com)
- End Child Sexual Abuse – Addressing Suspicious Behaviors (simplysenia.com)
- Why would someone sexually abuse a child? (bummyla.wordpress.com)