Say Yes To God ( A Mother’s Love)
Read: Acts 10:9-16
Memorize: “when He has brought them out, He goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow Him, because they know His voice” (John 10:4)
The one God loves has to grapple with certain tough challenges. As the last born of my mother, I was her favourite. While other children were playing, she would compel me to sit and read my books. Sometimes, I would remind her that all the other children were playing, but she would reply that all the others were not her business. I thought she was too strict with me but today, I have reasons to thank God for my strict mother. Ephesians 5:1-7 says if you are one of God’s own, you should not indulge in sins like fornication, uncleanness, foolish talking, etc, not even for once! In other words, other so-called Christians may be doing it but you cannot afford to follow their evil steps. There are certain things some pastors and church leaders would do and God would appear to be quiet about it, yet, if some believers attempted such, they would receive a bashing from the LORD. It shows how much God loves such a believer. If God no more corrects you, you might have reached a point of no return or be on the way to becoming irrelevant to God.
As a believer of God, you must learn to say “YES LORD” to all of God’s instructions. Quite a number of people have lost opportunities for starting large ministries due to their refusal to say, “YES LORD”. God is not static. When Heaven moves, it takes those who can drop their old beliefs and dogmas to move to the next level with Him. One major change ever experienced was the movement from the Old Testament to the New Testament. While most of the leaders in the synagogue resisted change and stuck to the Mosaic Law, others who embraced the change became born-again, and began to enjoy the grace and truth that the LORD brought. Do you say “Yes” or “No” to the promptings of the Spirit? Yield to Him today!
When God wants something from you, what He expects to hear is, “Yes, LORD”. What is your response today? Always say yes to Him!
By Pastor E A Adeboye
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Sermon By Pastor E A Adeboye RCCG 60th Annual RCCG Convention. Come Up Higher – THAT I MAY KNOW HIM (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 60th Annual The Redeemed Christian Church Of God Convention “Come Up Higher” Welcome Address By Pastor E A Adeboye (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- The History Of The Redeemed Christian Church Of God 60th Anniversary (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Delight Yourself In The Lord (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Are You A Doer? Or A Hearer Of The Word Of The Lord? (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Sometimes God does not answer our immediate prayer because He has something greater in store for us (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- For I Know The Thoughts That I Think Towards You, Says The LORD, Thoughts Of Peace, And Not Of Evil, To Give You An Expected End (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Reach out in faith to receive your miracle today (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- If You Have Been Blessed And Touched By The Lord, Share Your Testimony (bummyla.wordpress.com)