“Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men’s sins: keep thyself pure”. 1 Timothy 5:22
It will shock you to know that it is easier to manage lack and hardship than to manage abundance and pleasure. If you live in single room in a “face-me-I-face-you” building (Buildings with multiple tenants of low-income class), it is easier for you to wake up and pray even at night than when you live in an expensively furnished bedroom with water bed in a mansion overseeing the sea. When you want to get up to pray in such a house, the comfort of the bed will motivate you to sleep some more. Before you know it, it will be dawn. Let us take the case of David as an example (2 Samuel 11:1;12:14). While David was being chased from cave to cave, he had no time to think of committing adultery, but after being crowned king and baptized into comfort, when he should have been at war, he was resting and so he saw what he should not have seen and got into trouble.
It is important to be where God wants you to be always. During evangelism, He expects you to be in the field witnessing to souls. During rehearsal time or Sunday school preparatory class, God expects you there if you are a teacher. He expects you in service during the time for service. Any time you are not where God expects you to be, you open yourself to see or encounter what you should not, and you may find yourself in trouble. Do you know that the devil could have planned for one of David’s servants who stayed in the palace to be the one to see the naked Beersheba? But because David was in the wrong place, he got trapped by this temptation. Many people, like David, have entered into trouble not planned for them and become victims of stray temptations. One way to avoid this is by being where God wants you to be at every point in time. But even when confronted with such temptations, know that God’s grace is sufficient to overcome all temptations. Ask God to guide your steps aright from today.
Further Reading: 2 Samuel 11:1-5
Dear Heavenly Father,
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- God Will Not Bless Your Mess (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- But My God Shall Supply All Your Need According To His Riches In Glory By Christ Jesus. Philppians 4:19 (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Delight Yourself In The Lord (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Tuesday, May 15, 2012 @ 2 Samuel 15-19 (phyllisbenigas.wordpress.com)
- Seek God Until You Find Him (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- All of God’s power is wrapped up in the Gospel (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Who Do You Trust? (ising4god.wordpress.com)
- Pray To Separate Your Leaders From Fear (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- 2 Samuel 7 (asorensen.wordpress.com)
- From Hot For Christ To Dead To Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Thoughts on Temptation (akinjideojo.wordpress.com)
- Engraved in God’s Heart (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Abide in Jesus (cupofblessing.wordpress.com)
- Courage to Question (myheartsmission.com)
- POWER IS AVAILABLE! by Elaine Davenport July 15, 2012 (faithcenter.wordpress.com)
- Temptation Isn’t Sin (eworth2011.wordpress.com)