Payment in full
Peter asked Jesus how many times he had to forgive someone. Peter thought that forgiving seven times was pretty good. “No!” Jesus answered, “seventy times seven!” Then Jesus gave an illustration showing how God views our responsibility to forgive.
A king became aware that one of his servants owed him a significant amount, so he ordered the servant brought before him and demanded the servant pay every penny. The servant could not pay so the king ordered the man and his family sold into slavery to pay the debt. The servant fell before the king and pleaded for mercy. The king felt pity and forgave him the tremendous debt.
The servant found a fellow servant who owed him and demanded payment. The friend begged for mercy, but the servant would not forgive him and had him thrown into prison.
When the king heard about it, he was angry! He called in the servant and demanded to know why he had acted so unforgiving toward his friend when he had been forgiven so much. Then the king commanded the servant be thrown into prison until he had paid every penny.
God gave His only Son to die in our place. That is mercy beyond comprehension. How, then, can we ever refuse to give mercy to others when we have received so much mercy ourselves. To the degree that we show mercy to the poor, the wretched, and the guilty, we are like God.
Your View of God Really Matters …
Since God richly lavishes His mercy on us, we must show mercy to one another. And that means letting go of all those old hurts caused by others.
What More Does God Say?
Romans 8:38-39; Luke 6:35
Because God is merciful, He forgives me of my sins when I sincerely confess them
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Healing, forgiveness, and reconciliation when a brother sins against you (hopeforthisworld.wordpress.com)
- Blessed Are The Merciful (jackblackburndotorg.wordpress.com)
- Is It Possible to Pre-forgive All of The People Who Will Hurt You? (socyberty.com)
- The Real Avengers (pastorpaulvbsblog.blogspot.com)
- The Lost Art of Forgiveness (ericgevans.wordpress.com)
- How Does Jesus Save? (vanguardngr.com)
- The Beginning Of The End Has Hope (incontestable.wordpress.com)
- Mercy – The Key That Opens The Heart Of God (scripturenuggets.wordpress.com)
- “Why do you think evil in your hearts?” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- Forgiveness (ising4god.wordpress.com)
- Be quick to offer forgiveness (bentheredothat.com)
- Forgiveness (goldenbible.wordpress.com)
- Sin, God’s Sovereignty, & Redemption in Christ: 1 Kings 15:25-34 (atruediscipleofchrist.wordpress.com)
- Alabaster Jar (unveiledreflections.com)