The church is not a gathering of strangers, like fans at a ball game who just happen to be sitting next to each other. The church is a community of individuals spiritually linked together with the purpose of reflecting and legislating the values of the kingdom of God.
The church is critical in the process of growing mature disciples who imitate Jesus Christ because Jesus is relational. Jesus Himself stated the key identifier that would tell us who were His disciples and who were not, and that is our love for one another.
God’s people are so vitally connected that we’re like members of the same physical body. The parts of your body are in a relationship with the other parts. Just smash your thumb or stub your toe, and you’ll have a good biblical reminder of the interrelationship of your bodily members. Once you disconnect a body part, you cut off its ability to function because it is separated from the source of its life.
That is why Paul calls the Church the “household of God.” Your home is supposed to be the place where you give and receive love unconditionally. It takes more than the paid professional staff in a church to produce this kind of love. It has to come from each one of us toward each other in dynamic relationships that encourage and edify each other.
For God’s Kingdom
May the LORD bless Nigeria, American and Israel and take care of us; May the LORD make His face shine upon us, And be gracious to us; May the Lord lift up His countenance upon us, And give us peace, In Jesus Christ Name, we pray! Amen!
- Prayer Points for July 2012 Prayer and Fasting Period for RCCG Partners (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Paul’s Words To The Ephesian Church And Others (nancysjourney.wordpress.com)
- “Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- All of God’s power is wrapped up in the Gospel (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Get Connected To God, Get connected To His Son Jesus Christ (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- God Or Man Pleasers (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Stay clear of rebellion. When unity is useless (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Is Christ In You? (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Morning Prayer ~ July 1, 2012 (ronpogue.typepad.com)
- The Theology Behind the Imagery – Jesus and Children (scripturaldesk.wordpress.com)