God is sovereign
Whose side are you on?
“Are you friend or foe?” Joshua demanded. “Neither one,” the warrior replied. So began one of the most unforeseen answers in all of Joshua’s life. (Joshua 5:13-14)
God appointed Joshua to lead God’s People, the Israelites, after Moses died. His first battle assignment: conquer the city of Jericho. Joshua tackled the assignment with the confidence that God put him in charge. His mandate came straight from God, Himself. That was real clout.
As he walked around Jericho looking over the terrain, probably making battle plans, Joshua spied a bold warrior standing in front of him with a drawn sword. Exercising his God-given authority he swiftly confronted him. Following his initial refusal to take sides, the warrior continued, “I am the commander of the Lord’s army.”
In a matter of seconds the tables turned. Joshua, God’s appointed leader of a 600,000 man army, fell on his face with the words, “I am at your command. What do you want your servant to do?”
Like Joshua, we often make the mistake of thinking God is on our side. He’s not. The real issue is, “Whose side are we on?” Either we are on God’s side—or not. That is the choice we make every day. Either we follow God today or we don’t. But God most certainly does not follow us.
- Planning to retire? Is It In Accordance to God’s Plan For Your Life? (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Remembering the Works of the Lord (jesusyouthtcr.wordpress.com)
- Joshua Chapter 20 (pofw.wordpress.com)
- Pride (extendedhands.wordpress.com)
- Joshua Chapter 4 (pofw.wordpress.com)
- Joshua 6 (asorensen.wordpress.com)
- Breaking through Jericho (momentswithabba.wordpress.com)
- Joshua Chapter 18 (pofw.wordpress.com)
- What if God Said, “You Are Going to Die Tomorrow?” Numbers 27:12-13 (dianneguthmuller.com)
- Joshua Chapter 9 (pofw.wordpress.com)
- When God calls you (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- We are gods (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Bible in 52 – Week 11 New Life. New Beginnings (yourlifemattersinc.com)