Your Choices are never free from conflict
Many people believe that the end justifies the means. They say it is acceptable to compromise God‘s standards to get ahead. But the fact is we always lose when we violate God’s standards of righteousness. However, it is not always easy to do what is right.
I remember when we moved our headquarters from California to Florida. We had been unable to sell or lease some of our property in California. The buildings remained empty, yet every month we still had to make our mortgage payments.
Some successful Christian businessmen counseled me to default and allow the bank to repossess the property. Many businesses do this, and financially we would be far better off. But that would be wrong since we had signed a contract with the bank. We purposed to trust God to help us pay the bills and sell the property in a way that would honor Him.
Five years passed before we finally sold the property. Although making those payments was a financial hardship, God greatly blessed the ministry. Contributions dramatically increased year after year. I believe God blessed us because we ran the ministry His way.
If we had defaulted on our agreement we could have saved a lot of money, but we would have violated our word and our contract. It is never right to do wrong in order to get a chance to do right. Being righteous as God is righteous means making sacrifices and often saying “no” to the easy way out.
Culled from: www.discoverGOD.com
- Wealth And Wisdom (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Galatians 3:6 (gracegalatians.wordpress.com)
- Tough Issues of Christianity: Morality vs. Righteousness (ptl2010.com)
- You’ve been blessed to be a blessing (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Salvation By Grace and Not Works (karwenji.wordpress.com)
- Day 23 – Righteous (divinelydefined.wordpress.com)
- Refuting Legalism (in ourselves and in others) pt 4 Galatians1:6 Paul’s Righteous Anger (strivingforwisdom.wordpress.com)
- A Proverb for Today – Proverbs 10:24 (part two) (mindrenewers.com)
- Sweetly Right (doublehockeysticks.wordpress.com)
- Sweetly Right (doublehockeysticks.com)
- The One Choice That Led to Death (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Planning to retire? Is It In Accordance to God’s Plan For Your Life? (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- No Other Gospel (dailybibleplan.com)
- Grace is Free and So are You. (god-still-speaks.com)
- Trying To Live For Jesus Without The Spirit Messes Everything Up (pastorpaulvbsblog.blogspot.com)