In the kingdom of God, we won’t be given any great opportunities until we are proven faithful in the small things
MINISTRY IN ACTION
Mk. 1:31, “And he came and took her by the hand and lifted her up; and immediately the fever left her, and she ministered unto them.”
MT. 8:14-17; MK. 1:29-34; LK. 4:38-41
How did Peter‘s mother-in-law minister unto Jesus and His disciples? Did she sit them down and preach to them? Certainly not. Yet sometimes people think the only way we can minister to another is to admonish them with the scriptures.
Peter’s mother-in-law apparently ministered to them by serving them. The word translated “minister” is the same word that was translated “deacon” twice in the New Testament, and “serve, served or serveth” eight times.
We can minister for the Lord by doing some of the menial tasks that many consider to be unimportant. Jesus said that even a cup of cold water given in His name would not go unrewarded (Matthew 10:42).
Many people are waiting for the important jobs to come along where they can make a big impact or receive a lot of recognition, while they pass by many lesser opportunities every day. But in the kingdom of God, we won’t be given any great opportunities until we are proven faithful in the small things (Luke 16:10).
Today, ask the Lord to show you ways you can minister to others by serving them.
- The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand (gladlylistening.wordpress.com)
- February 18 – I’m Seeking First the Kingdom of God (lelandfleming.wordpress.com)
- “They brought to Jesus all who were sick or possessed with demons” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- At The Table… (nnyphishnet.net)
- The Gospel of the Kingdom of God (lloydacarringtonjr.wordpress.com)