There is an incredible sense of peace that comes from learning how to rest in the lord
It’s worth the wait.
When the storms of life hit, we are often tempted to run for cover. When they continue indefinitely, we struggle to find encouragement. When the rain and the wind gather strength until they turn into what seems to be a hurricane, we find ourselves saying, “I can’t do this any longer,” The truth is this: we can’t, but God can.
He is the only One who can help us victoriously fight through the battles of life. Nothing can provide the type of strength that He provides, especially when we feel overwhelmed and discouraged. He stands beside us, and He never retreats.
Daniel never worried about being cast into the lion’s den. He knew that the Lord would provide the help and protection he needed to make it through the night. Some of the people who read these words are fighting a battle with a life-threatening disease. It is an unseen enemy from a human standpoint but not from God’s. He knows exactly what we are facing and how it is affecting our lives.
There is an incredible sense of peace that comes from learning how to rest in the Lord and allow Him to take care of your troubles. This does not mean that you abandon the fight and just give up trying. It means that you shift the focus of your effort from yourself to God. This is where the true victory is gained.
The apostle Paul faced many life-threatening situations. At one point, he debated whether it was better to ask God to allow him to go home to heaven where he would have unending peace and glory in the presence of Christ or to continue living the earthly life God had given him. Paul chose the latter. As much as he longed to see the Lord in heaven, he loved having the opportunity here to tell others about God’s unending, unconditional love and forgiveness.
The challenges you face today is directly related to the joy you will experience in the future.
Today’s Scripture Reading
- God’s care is our shield (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- You are a good candidate for a miracle (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Habakkuk 1:5 God Wants To Heal You (recoveredheart.wordpress.com)
- Honest Questions For An Honest God (joyofthemaster.wordpress.com)
- Looking For Joy In The Impending Darkness Of Despair (pastorpaulvbsblog.blogspot.com)
- It is More Blessed to Give than to Receive. (idkh.org)
- Habakkuk 1 3 The Embrace Of Faith (stevemidkiff.wordpress.com)
- 8. Habakkuk 1:4-11 The Embrace Of Faith part 8 God Allows Bitter Storms To Provoke Our Prayers are we listening (stevemidkiff.wordpress.com)